PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Double DIN NAV w/Backup Camera - ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Default Installing Double DIN NAV w/Backup Camera - ?'s

Hello All,

This is my first post as I recently purchased a 2003 H2 and just completed a bunch of deferred maintenance (oil changes, tires, ball joints) prior to tackling the sound system replacement. I believe I have the premium sound system as I have the 6 speakers and 2 tweeters in the front pillars? I haven't yet disassembled the center console to check the amp model as I am wiring the RP5-GM11 to the Jensen wiring harness.

I am installing a Jensen VX7020 with a PAC RP5-GM11 interface kit to retain the steering wheel controls. I am also installing a backup camera and I have both the video wire for a wired installation and a wireless transmitter receiver for a wireless install. I would appreciate knowing if others have had good experience with the wireless option and where they mounted the transmitter/receiver for best signal? For those who went the wired route how you routed the camera wires?

Also, if I read the manual correctly there is already a Nav antenna on the roof over the front passenger seat? If so can I connect the new Nav Radio into that antenna or must I use the antenna that came with the unit?

Thanks in advance!