Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Installing a cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Canepa, post a picture of that cover.
And Phil where can you get the WIX filter, is it a special order item or will any parts store carry it?
Thanks

Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM

My local parts store had a house brand filter in stock and the WIX filter is one day away if they order it. I am going to order the WIX filter since I like the Wix quality. I have my GM filter door/cover and hopefully I can put my dash under the knife this weekend. H2canedesign please take a pic of your progress.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Well I got the filter and the cover door from GM and it looks like it won't work on my 2006. I think it will only fit on 2003 to 2005 models. If anyone wants a filter and the GM cover door I will sell them for $25 delivered.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:23 AM

Bumping this because it's not such an old thread that it's worth creating a new one.

The filter "location" & design is different on my 09. I feel this should at least reflect the 2008. I can't confirm if the 2005-2007 share the same design.
Name:  EBoiHvH.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  461.8 KB

As you can see. it's a straight slot. It looks like a lot of GM trucks from 2003-2007 used this design & the dual filter, L shaped slot/cover is an older design (2002 & earlier). As for all of the H2 owners here, there are a few fixes.

Here's a custom "bracket" for $15 on another forum: Link
This seems to be a rip off. It might be aluminium, but $15?
The benefit of the thread I found is that it linked 2 compatible filters:
Fram CAF18121C
Wix CF10360

Interestingly, there seems to be enough of a need for these things that autozone sells a retrofit kit:
Standard filter & cover: http://www.autozone.com/1/products/4...ept-90018.html
Carbon activated filter & cover: http://www.autozone.com/1/products/4...ept-90019.html
Cover: http://www.autozone.com/1/products/6...ept-90017.html

The cover doesn't come with a screw, what a joke. Makes the metal cover w/ screw for $15 sound like a sweet deal, lol.
I might be ordering the carbon activated filter soon. The filter size forces you to buy a special filter like these that bend so you can force it up into place. Considering the clearance (or lack there of), this makes sense.

Last edited by Synthetickiller; 05-21-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Bumping this because it's not such an old thread that it's worth creating a new one.

The filter "location" & design is different on my 09. I feel this should at least reflect the 2008. I can't confirm if the 2005-2007 share the same design.

As you can see. it's a straight slot. It looks like a lot of GM trucks from 2003-2007 used this design & the dual filter, L shaped slot/cover is an older design (2002 & earlier). As for all of the H2 owners here, there are a few fixes.

Fram CAF18121C
Wix CF10360

Interestingly, there seems to be enough of a need for these things that autozone sells a retrofit kit:
Standard filter & cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90018)
Carbon activated filter & cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90019)
Cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90017)

The cover doesn't come with a screw, what a joke. Makes the metal cover w/ screw for $15 sound like a sweet deal, lol.
I might be ordering the carbon activated filter soon. The filter size forces you to buy a special filter like these that bend so you can force it up into place. Considering the clearance (or lack there of), this makes sense.

Thanks so much man!! Very Very helpful and easy enough to do...

Old 06-16-2015, 06:43 AM

I still have the GM cover door for sale if anyone needs it. GM part number 52494070

Old 06-19-2015, 11:30 PM

Is this Mostly for guys that do off roading, guess i'm not really getting it Other than that OR living in a Really Dusty Area! I Don't have a Problem with Dust in my H2! jw?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller

Fram CAF18121C
Wix CF10360

Standard filter & cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90018)
Carbon activated filter & cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90019)
Cover: Cabin Air Filter - AirSept (90017)

Not such an OLD thread, it's Over 2 yrs. OLD! STILL Don't see the Benefit from this Unless you have A LOT of Dust in your Cabin!

Old 06-20-2015, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Not such an OLD thread, it's Over 2 yrs. OLD! STILL Don't see the Benefit from this Unless you have A LOT of Dust in your Cabin!
Like I said, there's enough info here to not create another one... people bump 5+ year old threads.

Have you ever driven behind a vehicle putting out a lot of of smog or simply in an area with a lot of pollution? Intake filters don't catch particles that small & shouldn't. Having a carbon based filter will pull out a majority of those nasty particles & keep your air clean.

Installing an in-cabin air filter is not just about keeping dust out.
What's your health worth?

Quick Reply: Installing a cabin air filter