Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

How to Clean Out Your Sunroof Drain All The Way Down

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 12:52 PM
Default How to Clean Out Your Sunroof Drain All The Way Down

Found this on Flea Bay... I'll have to use it and check it out. Just got it a while back. Looks like it's do the job to clean any Gack out.. Plus does the doors and Gas Tank Vents and any where water should drain form your ride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386013923286

Last edited by Mark R; 11-07-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:12 PM

Got me curious.... I actually replaced the rear drain tubes on mine since one was pinched off. The link you gave shows that as 150cm long which is just over 59 inches. I just measured one of the old drain tubes I still have around and its right about 69 inches long....

Old 11-07-2023, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Got me curious.... I actually replaced the rear drain tubes on mine since one was pinched off. The link you gave shows that as 150cm long which is just over 59 inches. I just measured one of the old drain tubes I still have around and its right about 69 inches long....

I'm confused?? Rear Drain Tubes?? I have 09 SUV H2.. Where would I find rear drain tubes....?? I was going to use mine on the sun roof drain and door drains it there their. Also On My 65 Vette Windshield cowl drains which come out under the frame.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:00 AM

There are 4 sunroof drain tubes. The fronts gown down through the A pillars, the rear tubes gown down C pillars behind the rear doors and through the floor just in front of the rear tires.

Old 11-08-2023, 12:09 PM

There are 4 sunroof drain tubes. The fronts gown down through the A pillars, the rear tubes gown down C pillars behind the rear doors and through the floor just in front of the rear tires.
Ok Your talking about the Roof drains...Front top behind the left and right outer marker lamps... and the rear top roof drains... in the rear in front of top the Rear outer marker lamps.

The front drains that go down the "A" Pillars causes me a lot of head hurts...Wet the head liner above the "A" Pillar. The water actually runs down inside the front pillar inside plastic trim and passes the pinch welds where water backed up and leaked in. Turns out the pine tree next to my drive way sheds it's needles and they all packed up inside the "A" trim. When I removed the "A" trim it was like a flat layer of pine needles. The water would run down the roof drain with the needles floating along and clog up that area.

Old 11-08-2023, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R
Turns out the pine tree next to my drive way sheds it's needles and they all packed up inside the "A" trim. When I removed the "A" trim it was like a flat layer of pine needles. The water would run down the roof drain with the needles floating along and clog up that area.
I found a simple solution + free firewood. My pine use to be 40ft, now down to 22ft using my DocaPole telescoping extension pole with GoSaw attachment. Gonna finish it off with my chainsaw, when I run out of firewood. Problem solved!

Old 11-08-2023, 01:27 PM

Not the roof drains, the sunroof drains. The sunroof module has a small plastic gutter around it under the headliner with 4 drain tubes. It is designed to allow some water to drain around the sunroof, into the vehicle and then out the drain tubes. If they get clogged the little trough fills up and runs over.

Old 11-08-2023, 02:03 PM

Not the roof drains, the sunroof drains. The sunroof module has a small plastic gutter around it under the headliner with 4 drain tubes. It is designed to allow some water to drain around the sunroof, into the vehicle and then out the drain tubes. If they get clogged the little trough fills up and runs over.
"Drip channel" overflows when the drains get clogged.

Old 11-08-2023, 04:49 PM

On My 09 I have one big Drain tube at the driver side corner... Never noticed any more.. Are they in that trough? In the rear...Never looked back there...always kept the front drain clear.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R
On My 09 I have one big Drain tube at the driver side corner... Never noticed any more.. Are they in that trough? In the rear...Never looked back there...always kept the front drain clear.
Take a closer look inside the channel, sunroof drains are installed front & rear to compensate for the ground level grade.

Quick Reply: How to Clean Out Your Sunroof Drain All The Way Down