Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Help needed with headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:10 PM
Default Help needed with headrest monitors

Newb here with first post! I just installed a Pioneer 8400 and ordered the Hummer labeled headrest monitors from Ebay. They came with a 8 pin plug that looks like a S video plug. I searched here before I ordered them and found a post with the plug cut and the wires identified so I thought all would be good...WRONG! Mine look just like the one in the post but when I stripped the cable to expose the wires, I found that mine are different colors and the configuration is different. Does anyone have the pin out info on these? Thank you!

Old 03-21-2019, 11:25 AM

I figured even since no replies I would update the thread. After trial and error, without letting the smoke out, I figured out the wiring and have everything working! Now I just need to find the best LED headlight and driving lights replacements!

Old 03-21-2019, 01:19 PM

Best on the headlights is subjective. I've posted about some that I did a lot of research on and bought which are great. Driving lights? Those two big lights on the front are the daytime running lights.... You can of course run new wires and a relay to a switch and put some other lights there which is what I did. That being said, there is not anything available that will just fit in and install there..... anything aftermarket will require some creativity and modifications to install and there is almost nothing that is as large to fully fill the pockets like the stock DRL's do. I actually used an aftermarket led combo DRL/driving lights made for a Toyota Tundra. They were about the largest lights I could find that would fill the pockets almost fully everything else was considerably smaller (leaving a big gap around the light) or too big. Toyota Tundra Tacoma LED Halo Ring Daytime Running Lights
One of the hardest bits is finding physical dimensions of ones specific to other vehicles to try and find some that were big enough to fill the pockets nicely. I've posted about these in some other thread as well at some point.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Best on the headlights is subjective. I've posted about some that I did a lot of research on and bought which are great. Driving lights? Those two big lights on the front are the daytime running lights.... You can of course run new wires and a relay to a switch and put some other lights there which is what I did. That being said, there is not anything available that will just fit in and install there..... anything aftermarket will require some creativity and modifications to install and there is almost nothing that is as large to fully fill the pockets like the stock DRL's do. I actually used an aftermarket led combo DRL/driving lights made for a Toyota Tundra. They were about the largest lights I could find that would fill the pockets almost fully everything else was considerably smaller (leaving a big gap around the light) or too big. Toyota Tundra Tacoma LED Halo Ring Daytime Running Lights
One of the hardest bits is finding physical dimensions of ones specific to other vehicles to try and find some that were big enough to fill the pockets nicely. I've posted about these in some other thread as well at some point.
Thank you. I am aware that I have to add a relay to have the DRL's serve as driving lights as well. I just placed an order for the JW Speakers 7" 8700 EVO2 headlights and their #6050 4.5" driving lights as I buy from a JW distributor. We have a fab shop so I can get them looking good. I will post pics when I finish.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:39 PM

Sweet! Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for and JW Speaker is top notch. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for mounting the fogs. The headlights, will probably have to do some trimming of the buckets for them to fit - easy plastic though. Also will need to get a set of plug adapters as most aftermarket 7" lights come with H4 plugs.

Another slick idea - you can get them on eBay cheap, get one that includes a bit of the wiring and plug as you will need to add three pins to your stock plug.... you can get a rear wiper switch for a GM SUV that has a factory fog light button. Its momentary though and while you can pin it to our BCM and a Tech2 will even register the button press, the output is not enabled in the BCM and even the GM software will not let you reprogram it to enable the output. Only way to make it usable that way would be to swap a BCM from a GM SUV that has nearly all identical options like digital climate control, etc. Next best option is to just get a latching relay and use that. I just like that it is a true factory fog light button, that does not exist on an H2. Mine is probably the only one. For now anyways... Escalade (or Denali, etc) wood/leather wheel is an easy swap too. Look forward to seeing yours. You will love it - the stock headlights are truly awful.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by floriduramax1
I figured even since no replies I would update the thread. After trial and error, without letting the smoke out, I figured out the wiring and have everything working! Now I just need to find the best LED headlight and driving lights replacements!
hey i have the same issue with mines can u plz post some pictures of the wiring or tell me more about it plz

Old 03-22-2019, 01:03 PM

Unfortunately I didn't take pics. When I stripped the wires (carefully) I found the configuration totally different than what was posted here before. The only thing the same was the thin black wire is for sure the positive wire and the use all the ground shields as negative for everything like the auido, video and ground. I had three tiny coaxes that when stripped back (carefully) I had a faintly colored red, green and blue. Turns out the red was video and green and blue the audio that feeds the monitors infra red audio. They work and look real nice.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Sweet! Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for and JW Speaker is top notch. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for mounting the fogs. The headlights, will probably have to do some trimming of the buckets for them to fit - easy plastic though. Also will need to get a set of plug adapters as most aftermarket 7" lights come with H4 plugs.

Another slick idea - you can get them on eBay cheap, get one that includes a bit of the wiring and plug as you will need to add three pins to your stock plug.... you can get a rear wiper switch for a GM SUV that has a factory fog light button. Its momentary though and while you can pin it to our BCM and a Tech2 will even register the button press, the output is not enabled in the BCM and even the GM software will not let you reprogram it to enable the output. Only way to make it usable that way would be to swap a BCM from a GM SUV that has nearly all identical options like digital climate control, etc. Next best option is to just get a latching relay and use that. I just like that it is a true factory fog light button, that does not exist on an H2. Mine is probably the only one. For now anyways... Escalade (or Denali, etc) wood/leather wheel is an easy swap too. Look forward to seeing yours. You will love it - the stock headlights are truly awful.

Looks great! Mine is an 08 so dash is different. I will make a custom switch panel as we will have a few more accessories eventually..lol

Old 03-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Licjhondelacruz
hey i have the same issue with mines can u plz post some pictures of the wiring or tell me more about it plz
I actually found the male plug and just took this picture....

Old 03-22-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by floriduramax1
I actually found the male plug and just took this picture....

thanks a lot, tomorrow in gonna try to do some work in mine, i'll let u know further...

Quick Reply: Help needed with headrest monitors