Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Help needed with headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 11:50 AM

You can also do this, the diode will bypass the DTRL's to be on in auto mode and also on with the headlights. You'll need a 12 volt 1 amp diode. I bought a 10 pack on ebay for 2 dollars. Solder the diode to a 20-22 gauge solid wire, mark the wire end that matches the silver diode ring, heat shrink over the diode. When you install the diode jumper into the fuse box look at where you marked the wire and make sure the silver ring (cathode) is pointing toward the upper relay, PRK Relay 86. Pull the 10amp DTRL relay fuse and the Park Lamps 10amp fuse as well. Pull both relays, set them to the side in the same orientation that you took them out. Insert the wire into the respective slots, install relays over top of jumper wire. install fuses. Done.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:55 AM

You can also do this, the diode will bypass the DTRL's to be on in auto mode and also on with the headlights. You'll need a 12 volt 1 amp diode. I bought a 10 pack on ebay for 2 dollars. Solder the diode to a 20-22 gauge solid wire, mark the wire end that matches the silver diode ring, heat shrink over the diode. When you install the diode jumper into the fuse box look at where you marked the wire and make sure the silver ring (cathode) is pointing toward the upper relay, PRK Relay 86. Pull the 10amp DTRL relay fuse and the Park Lamps 10amp fuse as well. Pull both relays, set them to the side in the same orientation that you took them out. Insert the wire into the respective slots, install relays over top of jumper wire. install fuses. Done.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by floriduramax1
I actually found the male plug and just took this picture....

hey as u say before the black one was the power wire but i cant figure it out how to same video from a RCA cable to the red one.... if u have any idea let me know plz, i cut the end of the RCA yellow cable and put it directly to the red one but it doenst show anything

Old 03-23-2019, 04:47 PM

Soo i took a pic ok mine wiring uf u ser anything like yours let me know

Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Licjhondelacruz

Soo i took a pic ok mine wiring uf u ser anything like yours let me know
Yes. Make sure the center conductor of that red coax is not touching the ground shield. That red wire is a very small coax that has a center conductor wrapped around an insulated center conductor. The center conductor is very thin. Did you get the monitor to light up? Strip back the other two coaxes that are foil wrapped so we can see what color they are. From the rca you take the center conductor and connect to center conductor of the coax of monitor cable and then take the ground shield and connect it to ground shield. If monitor lights up make sure it’s on video 1.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:45 PM

Yes. Make sure the center conductor of that red coax is not touching the ground shield. That red wire is a very small coax that has a center conductor wrapped around an insulated center conductor. The center conductor is very thin. Did you get the monitor to light up? Strip back the other two coaxes that are foil wrapped so we can see what color they are. From the rca you take the center conductor and connect to center conductor of the coax of monitor cable and then take the ground shield and connect it to ground shield. If monitor lights up make sure it’s on video 1.
look I wired the black and it turns on, and them as u told me connect the red one to the RCA and it show me image but it's in balck and white not colors this are all the wires on it

Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 PM

look I wired the black and it turns on, and them as u told me connect the red one to the RCA and it show me image but it's in balck and white not colors this are all the wires on it
If it’s black and white either your connection is not good, the yellow RCA cable you are using is bad (which is very common) or your source video is not good or not set properly. Try another video source.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:21 PM

Are you testing with one monitor on or both on at same time? Where are you located?

Last edited by floriduramax1; 03-24-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:12 PM

Are you testing with one monitor on or both on at same time? Where are you located?
i finally made it!!!! thanks a lot!!!! without ur tips i wouldn't made it! both of them are now working fine, the issue with the black and white colors was a bad configuration on my headunit.. but i think i'll need to get a better headunit because i can only see video on the headrest screens or the headunit primary screen, they can't work both together but its a headunit thing.. right now i have one of those chicnesses cheaps headunits call "car mp5 player model 7080b"

Old 03-25-2019, 05:30 PM

i finally made it!!!! thanks a lot!!!! without ur tips i wouldn't made it! both of them are now working fine, the issue with the black and white colors was a bad configuration on my headunit.. but i think i'll need to get a better headunit because i can only see video on the headrest screens or the headunit primary screen, they can't work both together but its a headunit thing.. right now i have one of those chicnesses cheaps headunits call "car mp5 player model 7080b"
Nice! Congrats! Glad I could be some help.

Quick Reply: Help needed with headrest monitors