PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard to turn and stop, help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Unhappy Hard to turn and stop, help!!!!

Something happened to my Hummer yesterday and I would like to ask expert first.

I went through a mud road, it was tough. During that, I noticed "traction active" showed on the dashboard and I realized it was very hard to turn and the brake almost didnt work. I felt like old car without power-assist steering. I could turn a little angle but very hard. At the mean while the brake felt like very tardy and even when my car ran with Idle speed, it needed 3-5 second to stop completely. I thought it was because the mud tough road condition but when I drove out of the mud, still hard to turn and stop. People told me the steering pump may be damaged but I doubt that because :

1, this issue happened since my car started to slip and traction active warning was on. It couldnt be damaged since the beginning because that part road was not that tough and my hummer only slipped a little bit that that issue came.

2, If the steering pump damaged than why the brake doesn't work as well?

My car was in the jungle right now. it is not muddy anymore but still some kind of wet packway with gravel. My friend also told me if I drive to the good condition road, the traction my be off automatically, however, since hard to turn and stop, I cannot drive on road to test. I have to find a road which is straight, no turn and no car at all. I cannot even drive out of the jungle right now.

Please help out

Thank you everyone.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:29 PM

Here it is again..
Hydro-boost power assist was introduced in 1973 by Bendix as an alternative to the vacuum booster. The hydro-boost uses the hydraulic pressure from the power steering system to provide the driver assist in applying the brakes. There is a leak in the system or perhaps the hydro-boost needs replaced. It is located behind the master cylinder.

Regards..