Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Grill Guard suggestions? Side Steps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 03:18 PM
Default H2 Grill Guard suggestions? Side Steps?

Greetings,
After a year long search I pulled the trigger on a sweet well maintained 2006... Loving the ride... Next on the list is a Grill / Brush Guard... I don't want to buy cheap garbage... Any suggestions on a good quality Guard? Also looking to add the attachable & removable side steps when I hit the lottery... I guess it's a seller's game for the steps... Has anyone made an after market side step product yet?
Cheers / thanks
Mark in Ft Lauderdale

Old 07-30-2022, 03:54 PM

You "don't want to buy cheap garbage". How much you willing to spend?

Old 07-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Default Homemade steps

Yep, if you find factory U—steps they are expensive. Sooo you build your own. Sold my welders and a lot of other tools so I sent off some drawingI for the eight sides and four steps. The sides were done with a friends water jet and the steps, I found a place that did cnc cuts, bens, and dimple die.I believe the steps were like $200, side brackets $ 0, welding $ 0, powder coat $150. Did not make them with the three pins with one bolt but would be easy to do. Just went with the 4 bolts each. Mine are tucked up a little higher and 1/2 inch narrower.

Do not use these measurements, these were the first and had to be changed a little

Last edited by Eagle; 07-30-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Add images
Old 07-31-2022, 07:10 AM

Regarding the grill guard be carful on what you buy. Often the steel tubing around the headlights will leave you with blind spots or limit your lighting when driving at night. If you put something in front of your headlights that is what happens. I bought a grill guard and ended up modifying it. I will send some pics later. My 2006 came with side steps so can’t help there.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:59 AM

Yous guys are great!
Hummerz; Now that's a hell of a Grill Guard! Can you relay the manufacturer or where to buy?

Eagle: very nice work on those steps... Any chance of getting the final measurements, specs or drawings you took to the machine shop? Or would your guy be interested in making another set? I can always have them powder coated here... Mark mtmftlfl@gmail.com 954-540-3337 Eastern time.

BTW, what's the difference between the U steps and LE steps?
Cheers,
Mark

Old 07-31-2022, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by FTLFL
Yous guys are great!
Hummerz; Now that's a hell of a Grill Guard! Can you relay the manufacturer or where to buy?

Cheers,
Mark
::::>>>>Hummercore Hummer H2 Brush Guard
We are located in Southern California in San Juan Capistrano. You can reach us by phone at 949.429.8100

Old 08-01-2022, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by FTLFL
Yous guys are great!
BTW, what's the difference between the U steps and LE steps?
Cheers,
Mark
LE steps came OEM on the limited edition. They bolt to the rock rails, and importantly, do NOT hang down like most tubular sidesteps do.
They were powdercoated cast aluminum, and also expensive. You can usually find a used set on eBay for $1000, and have them refinished for a couple of hundred $.

They are the sleekest (hide nicely on the body) and nicest (IMO) side steps every produced for the H2. The ones photographed above are a close second OEM style, albeit bulkier and longer than the LE steps, and more rugged looking (some people prefer that)

If mounting them on a NON-Special edition, they will still fit, even with no recesses on the lower body plastic trim like the LE had. No problemo. I did just that with my first H2. Make sure the seller supplies the mounting hardware (2 bolts per step).

Last edited by finall; 08-01-2022 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Default NFab nerf bar with steps

I like the NFab nerf bar vs OEM cause it's a clean look with steps but there is more clearance thus giving the illusion the H2 is higher than it used to be.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:28 AM

I have the Predator Inc brush guard. Best looking one in my opinion and the construction is really good coming from predator. Little pricey but well worth it

Old 09-22-2022, 07:39 AM

curious, what is the "wrap" on your cross bars? purpose? oddly I like it and not sure why

Quick Reply: H2 Grill Guard suggestions? Side Steps?