PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Carpet Wet Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Unhappy H2 Carpet Wet Question

I made a post a few days back about my 09 H2 drivers side floor carpet is wet under the floor mat after a rain.Someone posted to check the front marker lights that the seal might be gone.I sprayed soapy water on the front and with the winshield defroster fan on high I got no bubbles.I sprayed the soapy water on the back middle 3 marker lights and got bubbles on all 3.Since the seals are gone on all back middle 3 marker lights,would that cause the water to make my front drivers side carpet wet.No other spots are wet in the entire truck other than the drivers side carpet under the floor mat.Any help appreciated.If I can not fix at home I will have to go to the dealer to fix er up.Im gettin water logged.....Thanks...

Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM

I've got the same problem but it's the passenger side. Only had the beast for a month now and, upon closer inspection, there's clear silicone around all the roof mount clearance lights and a tape glue mark around my sunroof. Evidently, there's been a "moisture issue" for some time on mine. Shame it's so bad *** or I may have inspected a little further before purchasing. I'd have still bought it n all, just may have bargained for a slightly better deal. Also noticed that the door weatherstrip (on the body, not the one on the door itself) has been haphazardly re-glued with god only knows what, and yet has come away from the top corner and I saw water running down the pillar mount oh sh*t bar last week in a downpour. Hoping if I re-rig it with some more silicone it'll get me thru the winter till I can afford to do it right. Any of y'all hummer vets have any input on where else we should try puttin a finger in the dyke?

Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by NIK1
I made a post a few days back about my 09 H2 drivers side floor carpet is wet under the floor mat after a rain.Someone posted to check the front marker lights that the seal might be gone.I sprayed soapy water on the front and with the winshield defroster fan on high I got no bubbles.I sprayed the soapy water on the back middle 3 marker lights and got bubbles on all 3.Since the seals are gone on all back middle 3 marker lights,would that cause the water to make my front drivers side carpet wet.No other spots are wet in the entire truck other than the drivers side carpet under the floor mat.Any help appreciated.If I can not fix at home I will have to go to the dealer to fix er up.Im gettin water logged.....Thanks...
If you have a sunroof, there are LOTs of post on the forum discussing the issue. This is just one that I am familiar with cuz it's my issue:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...r-29783/page3/

Check for clogged or disconnected drain tubes. If no sunroof, I'm out of ideas.

Good luck,
LifeIsGood

Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 AM

IDE bet its the roof lights...

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Last week, I fixed my water issue by disassembling, and applying silicon to all five lights above the H2 cab. I found that the two outside lights were loose and at least one of the marker lights showed evidence of leaking (dirt on the inside of the seal). I removed the lights, used alcohol on the H2 surface to clean the areas, and used silicon that is also used for windshield repair (small tube of clear silicon), then reassembled and taped the lights down with painters tape. Actual labor time was an hour then waited the remainder if the day for cure time. I did not have an issue with the sun roof though... Good luck!