PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 2003 tccm

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Default H2 2003 tccm

Hi,

Have the service 4wd message, tried the switching between hi/lo 30+ time thing, my traction light flashes for a few seconds then everything works as normal. Had it at the GM dealer today and they were unable to get it to communicate with the TCCM.. All fuses are good and he said he had power at the tccm. From what I read, my next step would be to replace the TCCM? If I got one from a junked H2, would I need to get it programmed or does that need to be done regardless?

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2017, 02:23 PM

The service tech gave me a printout of the TSB.

It is Document ID # 1054312

Customer Concern
Some customers may comment that the service 4WD indicator is on, or the 4WD system is inoperative.

Cause
The Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) has not received the wake-up call during key-up and has remained in "sleep mode," it will not communicate with the class II bus or the Tech 2.

Correction
Remove the underhood TCCM fuse (labeled ATCM or TREC). Wait 30 seconds and then reinstall the fuse. This should "wake up" and communicate with Tech 2. Reprogram the TCCM using normal SPS procedures, using operating system calibration number 12580062 (or the most current calibration).

I hope this info can help someone else who is out of warranty. Thanks to Rich (IncognitoAV) for telling me to push the software issue.

I copied this from another form, its not in-common that the Tech II will not communicate with the TCCM. Its been such a problem that there is a TSB out on it. The TCCM fuse needs to be pulled and allowed to wake up then re-program it with the latest software. The encoder motor is a more common issue with the service 4 wheel drive and TC turned off. With this issue usually once you try to switch into 4 wheel low or high lock it will turn this message on then after sitting with key off it will reset. Usually the position switch is going bad within the encoder motor and it is not telling the computer what position its in. These issue are commonly researched on the net if you want to look them up, its not specific to the hummer its a GM thing.

Neal