Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Getting Interior piece off/ out

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Default Getting Interior piece off/ out

Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the surround piece that is around the passenger's airbag. I pulled the 4 screws, and i started to pull on it but it feels really secured in there like it might be screwed in from behind somewhere.
If you dont have any tips on how to remove it, but you maybe have an exploded view, that would be great too.

This is the interior piece that has the passengers side dash handle and also surrounds the air bag and the air bag switch, and has the air vent on the far right side

Thanks!!

Old 07-09-2020, 11:52 AM

You have to first remove the grab handle and the airbag switch.... 42 shows what the grab handle attached to. The flat side of that bit is basically a button that will release the handle. There is on on each side of the handle. Once removed then the trim panel just pulls straight back and off.

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-09-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:37 PM

^correct. I've taken mine off numerous times and the handle was a PITA every time lol

Old 07-11-2020, 02:40 PM

Lojac / MixMan,
So I attempted the removal today... and I guess maybe I am not sure on the instructions.
I looked to see if there was something to push to unlock the handle, and I couldnt find it.
I looked for where the handle might have a screw to disconnect, and I couldnt find that either.

I know this is suppose to be tough, as Lojac stated, but I am not sure what to really do and of course I dont want to break anything.
Any directions, or help would be great!

Old 07-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Old 07-11-2020, 03:11 PM

Wel... I actually just happen to have mine apart right now for a new headliner, windshield, and running a wire for a backup camera so I just happen to have that piece off too.

This is the right end of it. The airbag stays in the dash as you can see. The white bit I made an arrow pointing at is what you have to push in on each end. You can see in the hole that the handle goes into where a small grey bit in the left side of the hole that is retraced when you push the white button in. While pushed in pull the handle straight out. Might have to work from side to side a bit to get it started and past a small serrated section on the shafts of the handle.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:24 PM

there is one of those tabs on each side of the handle. dropping the glovebox might help with accessing the other side

Old 07-11-2020, 04:35 PM

Same removing a head rest.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Do you have the take off the dash cover piece to access this? I am just not seeing how to get to that spot, to press in the white piece.
I do have the whole lower part of my dash disassembled and such, so I see the under part of the air bag

Old 07-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Do you have a socket extension, long driver or even a dowel rod to push the button on right, and pull?
The left you can easily reach with your hand.

Quick Reply: Getting Interior piece off/ out