Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Fog light question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 11:47 AM

That does indeed appear to be the correct optional off road lights package. One of the rare occasions where it looks like a dealership install where they opted to put the switch there instead of routing the wires up to the ceiling console. The switch itself is the correct type as well as the connectors behind the grille. It looks like someone just took the lights and the brackets for the lights off at some point.

I've never once seen someone selling a pair of those brackets by themselves before but thats not to say no one ever has. But I'm thinking the brackets will be next to impossible to find. I've seen some of the original off road lights though but even those are not terribly common, and well like the factory headlights, they were really not very good. I replaced mine with Hella Rallye 4000x LED ones which are very nice but very expensive. I'd have not been willing to pay full price for those Hella ones, I did get the set for under $200....

If I were to do it again I'd go with something a bit less expensive. I'd suggest going on amazon and searching for tube light brackets (often advertised for ATV, UTV's, etc) - plenty of ones out there that will just clamp over the brush guard bars. Then pick a set of nice lights. If you want to actually use them while driving on road with other vehicles be sure to get ones that are specifically driving or fog lights. Diode Dynamics ones are incredibly good but spendy, Morimoto 4 Bangers are also excellent. Most others are just flood, spot, or combo beam patterns that are really only for off-road use.

Finding the exact mating connectors might also be a challenge so you might have to cut those plug ends off and just direct wire them.

Old 09-25-2022, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
That does indeed appear to be the correct optional off road lights package. One of the rare occasions where it looks like a dealership install where they opted to put the switch there instead of routing the wires up to the ceiling console. The switch itself is the correct type as well as the connectors behind the grille. It looks like someone just took the lights and the brackets for the lights off at some point.

I've never once seen someone selling a pair of those brackets by themselves before but thats not to say no one ever has. But I'm thinking the brackets will be next to impossible to find. I've seen some of the original off road lights though but even those are not terribly common, and well like the factory headlights, they were really not very good. I replaced mine with Hella Rallye 4000x LED ones which are very nice but very expensive. I'd have not been willing to pay full price for those Hella ones, I did get the set for under $200....

If I were to do it again I'd go with something a bit less expensive. I'd suggest going on amazon and searching for tube light brackets (often advertised for ATV, UTV's, etc) - plenty of ones out there that will just clamp over the brush guard bars. Then pick a set of nice lights. If you want to actually use them while driving on road with other vehicles be sure to get ones that are specifically driving or fog lights. Diode Dynamics ones are incredibly good but spendy, Morimoto 4 Bangers are also excellent. Most others are just flood, spot, or combo beam patterns that are really only for off-road use.

Finding the exact mating connectors might also be a challenge so you might have to cut those plug ends off and just direct wire them.
Thanks for the reply. I assumed it was a fog light setup but an off road light setup makes just as much sense to me. I will look around and see what I can find that will be useful for my occasional off road excursions and look good on it too.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2022, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by waltham41
Thanks for the reply. I assumed it was a fog light setup but an off road light setup makes just as much sense to me. I will look around and see what I can find that will be useful for my occasional off road excursions and look good on it too.

Thanks!

You can check your RPO codes listed inside the glovebox, it may have a code for those lights. But, like others have said it could have been a dealer option.

Either way here is a company that can reproduce all options (window sticker) on your H2. Think its about $10 or so. I'll post a pic of mine that I purchased from them.

https://monroneylabels.com/

Old 09-25-2022, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by zenith
You can check your RPO codes listed inside the glovebox, it may have a code for those lights. But, like others have said it could have been a dealer option.

Either way here is a company that can reproduce all options (window sticker) on your H2. Think its about $10 or so. I'll post a pic of mine that I purchased from them.

https://monroneylabels.com/

awesome. I looked and looked for a place like that paid one 15 bucks and got the most generic list you ever saw in your life. Google helped more. I will try this. Many thanks!

Old 09-25-2022, 05:30 PM

awesome. I looked and looked for a place like that paid one 15 bucks and got the most generic list you ever saw in your life. Google helped more. I will try this. Many thanks!

Here's a little something on my report. I'll check tomorrow to see if these are the separate plugs like yours

Old 09-25-2022, 05:44 PM

Likely are here are a couple of screen shots from my report. Thanks again for that link.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:13 PM

Nice, Off road spot lamps. There ya go!

Old 09-25-2022, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by zenith
Nice, Off road spot lamps. There ya go!
am I understanding that brush guard is hard to find? mine is a little dinged up and I was considering replacing it but I would love to mount some lights and get that switch working again.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:57 AM

am I understanding that brush guard is hard to find? mine is a little dinged up and I was considering replacing it but I would love to mount some lights and get that switch working again.
There are no new ones still available but there are used ones on eBay. If you wanted to keep it mostly original then you would want to find one that includes the brackets I showed circled. That picture I posted showing the brackets circled actually came from one on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/294736037855

They are not cheap though.... that one is the only one I saw that includes the brackets for the off road lights (the brackets are removable).

Even a used one is likely to still have a few dings. Would be a lot cheaper to just refinish the one you have and use aftermarket brackets.