PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flooding interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Default flooding interior

Hey all, could someone please give me a video or detailed pictures on how to stop my h2 with sunroof from flooding when it rains.
Everytime it rains I end up getting a nice wet flood that starts right at the exterior wall in the foot well on both sides

thanks

Old 11-18-2018, 11:48 AM

There are dozens and dozens of threads on the various leaks these develop. Its not if, but when an H2 will develop a leak which is why there are so many threads on it. I have no idea which might have pictures but the leaks can come from a dozen different places. Most common probably in order

Corner roof clearance lights
Middle roof clearance lights
Sunroof drains clogged
Weather stripping around the doors
Windshield itself was replaced and the adhesive is leaking somewhere
Roof seams under the roof rail system
Riv nuts that attach the roof rail system

There is no one fix. You have to start with the most common and easiest and make your way through the problem areas until it stops.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 PM

Mix, Thanks.
Yeah the problem is I cant seem to find anything for these leaks with pictures or videos.

Trust me... I know its a matter of when... it seems that all high dollar GM vehicles like to leak. My Vette (or all vettes) like to leak too.

If you can steer me in the direction of pictures of video, that would be great... since I cant seem to find anything

Old 11-18-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
There are dozens and dozens of threads on the various leaks these develop. Its not if, but when an H2 will develop a leak which is why there are so many threads on it. I have no idea which might have pictures but the leaks can come from a dozen different places. Most common probably in order

Corner roof clearance lights
Middle roof clearance lights
Sunroof drains clogged
Weather stripping around the doors
Windshield itself was replaced and the adhesive is leaking somewhere
Roof seams under the roof rail system
Riv nuts that attach the roof rail system

There is no one fix. You have to start with the most common and easiest and make your way through the problem areas until it stops.
To add to this, there is also a seal under the cowl that is known to cause leaks. Search YouTube for "Hummer H2 leak" and you'll see videos on the cowl, marker lights, and drain tubes. Or search leak on this forum and there's a lot of pictures. One of the most annoying and hardest to figure out fixes I had to do was silicone seal the TOP of my door seals on the outside, ever since I did that my hummer has not leaked a drop. MixMan is right that there's so many possible leak areas that you have to fix them one at a time to know where the leak is. The most common is the marker light grommets, 2nd is the drain tubes.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:17 PM

That being said mine is leaking too. Front floorboards are always damp under the mats. I just cannot go without right not since it is currently my daily driver. I'm doing a major overhaul project on my truck which is probably going to take me at least two more months to finish up. Then I'll pull the H2 in to work on it for a couple of months. I need to redo the headliner so I plan on just pulling the entire headliner out and then I will be able to hopefully physically see where it is coming in and take care of it for good.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:47 AM

Please keep me informed of the work you do. I want to fix up my rig but at the same time i want to make it "right" first.
I mean it has such low miles and barely anything wrong with it that it wont take much, but still would like a little guidance since working on this will be my first dive into working on cars (other than the simple stuff like putting in HID lights)

Old 11-21-2018, 10:41 AM

When I do mine in a couple of months another thing will be hopefully fixing the sunroof. Mine will open fine but when closing you have to push the switch and then use your other hand to pull it forward at the same time. Works but it annoying.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:10 PM

MixManSC, please let me know what you come up with. I dont have a similar issue, but my sunroof has an issue. I can hear the sunroof jump when I press the button, but then it wont move and nothing happens. Same with my rear windows but a little different, at least with them I hear the motors turning but the windows dont move (i am thinking maybe somehow both are off the tracks)?

Old 11-22-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
That being said mine is leaking too. Front floorboards are always damp under the mats. I just cannot go without right not since it is currently my daily driver. I'm doing a major overhaul project on my truck which is probably going to take me at least two more months to finish up. Then I'll pull the H2 in to work on it for a couple of months. I need to redo the headliner so I plan on just pulling the entire headliner out and then I will be able to hopefully physically see where it is coming in and take care of it for good.
If you are pulling the headliner off , please post a video or pictures on how you took the visors off. GM techs could not even take them off of mine. We were all looking at the instructions and still could not get them out. Finally they said we will break them off and hopefully you can still buy the bases, I said no thanks! leave them alone.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:40 PM

LOL - you will have to search for my history on here but I've had those off already. They now have external screws to hold them back in. Those are the most frustrating and stupidly designed visor mounts I've ever come across before.