Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

finally got my Tech2

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 12:10 AM
Default finally got my Tech2

after a long wait i finaly got my CLONE/Tech2 this thing works really nice . now i need to learn alot . Im currently trying to do a VIN relearn on my Bose Lux amp but got many other things to play with later on .

Old 05-29-2020, 10:16 AM

Good deal.... it is a powerful tool and can do a lot but things are often not always where you might expect to find them. You might even at times need to select a different model year or even a different vehicle entirely (like select a similar year Cadillac Escalade) to expose/get at certain functions. Might even be able to select an incomplete vehicle (Cadillac again as an example has that for limos and hearses) and expose even more functions like being able to tweak individual amplifier channels, disabling things, etc that normally cannot be modified with the normal vehicle selection. I cannot say for sure what might happen in those scenarios though. I know to "unlock" certain radios for some GM trucks you have to select some year car (I forget which off the top of my head) and get to an unlock option that way instead of selecting an actual truck. Odd but a workaround others have found in the past....

I'm not aware of a VIN relearn function for the amplifiers. There is a function for that for the radios though. I know on the amplifiers they have a built in configuration for specific vehicle bodies but for a Hummer there seems to be no way to access or change that (I dont believe there is an amplifier selection at all) but if you select a Cadillac Escalade for example (virtually identical amplifier), amplifier is there and under special functions there is a microphone test and a recalibration that lets you select between Escalade, Escalade Ext, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL, etc so that the amplifier configures itself for the correct speaker configuration as well as the correct channel levels for the specific vehicle.

To do software update on any of the modules you will need to get TIS2000 installed and working or do a short term subscription to TIS2WEB on the ACDelco Tech Connect site.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:36 PM

So what im getting in the tech2 in the bose amp menu when i go to special function is : F0 microphone test . But nothing else
I remember when I installed the nav radio in my truck the guys who unlocked the radio had to build a 06 H2 vehicle in the tech2 to be able to program the radio successfully. So later on today ill try again . Im using a Panasonic toughbook shop laptop for the module updates , a fresh copy of Windows Xp sp3 its on its way now .

Old 05-29-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Good deal.... it is a powerful tool and can do a lot but things are often not always where you might expect to find them. You might even at times need to select a different model year or even a different vehicle entirely (like select a similar year Cadillac Escalade) to expose/get at certain functions. Might even be able to select an incomplete vehicle (Cadillac again as an example has that for limos and hearses) and expose even more functions like being able to tweak individual amplifier channels, disabling things, etc that normally cannot be modified with the normal vehicle selection. I cannot say for sure what might happen in those scenarios though. I know to "unlock" certain radios for some GM trucks you have to select some year car (I forget which off the top of my head) and get to an unlock option that way instead of selecting an actual truck. Odd but a workaround others have found in the past....

I'm not aware of a VIN relearn function for the amplifiers. There is a function for that for the radios though. I know on the amplifiers they have a built in configuration for specific vehicle bodies but for a Hummer there seems to be no way to access or change that (I dont believe there is an amplifier selection at all) but if you select a Cadillac Escalade for example (virtually identical amplifier), amplifier is there and under special functions there is a microphone test and a recalibration that lets you select between Escalade, Escalade Ext, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL, etc so that the amplifier configures itself for the correct speaker configuration as well as the correct channel levels for the specific vehicle.

To do software update on any of the modules you will need to get TIS2000 installed and working or do a short term subscription to TIS2WEB on the ACDelco Tech Connect site.
that was the way to do it The escalade route . I build a 05 escalade profile on the tech2 and the option for amp relearn was there . Thanks alotttttt . Now I have sound from all the speakers.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:21 PM

Excellent! Glad to hear that worked. Like I said, GM did not include some functions for some vehicles but sometimes as long as the vehicle/device is near indentical you can select the wrong vehicle and get what you need done.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Excellent! Glad to hear that worked. Like I said, GM did not include some functions for some vehicles but sometimes as long as the vehicle/device is near indentical you can select the wrong vehicle and get what you need done.
thanks a million again . ill post a unboxing video later on tonight just in case anyone wants to see whats included on the kit i got . Here s a link to the video

Last edited by hmer; 05-29-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:38 AM

I tell ya.... as many Tech2's that Chinacardiags has sold due to me recommending them (I know at least a few members here plus a few on another site), they ought to send me another for free. lol