Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Drivers door squeak

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 10:14 PM
Default Drivers door squeak

My driver door squeaks when I open and close it. The squeak appears to be coming from the black plastic closer arm. There’s scratches on the arm, maybe from a roller dragging. Is there a roller inside the door? Is there any way to service or replace the parts inside the door? I sprayed some silicone and it made very little improvement. Pics would be great. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:17 PM

try white lithium grease spray instead.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:46 PM

X2 silicone spray and lithium is all I use!>>>>>>>> BLASTER

Old 07-09-2020, 07:03 AM

The assembly is still available new. Pricey though.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:54 AM

GM Part #

You can try lube - when that doesnt resolve it - replace this part. Common wear item, I have replaced many of these.
Door panel needs to come off but its a fairly easy project to do....

Ebay has this new one discounted but part number is for rear left door. If I remember correctly it will interchange with the drivers door - I think.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-09-Hum...YAAOSwOdpXybSo

Old 07-09-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chrmer3
GM Part #

You can try lube - when that doesnt resolve it - replace this part. Common wear item, I have replaced many of these.

Ebay has this new one discounted but part number is for rear left door. If I remember correctly it will interchange with the drivers door - I think.
We have a winner here. I had to change out both front driver side door checks on my trucks. Age will do this to the door checks.

Old 07-09-2020, 01:26 PM

I also changed mine but because they would not hold the doors open. Even the brand new genuine ones I replaced them with still barely can hold the doors open.

Old 07-09-2020, 01:35 PM

I replaced all 4 of mine a few years back mainly due to the driver door squeaking but decided just to do all 4 when I was taking all the doors apart to upgrade speakers. Mine were AC Delco and hold the doors open no problem.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chrmer3
GM Part #

Does rear left work for the front left? From what I've seen the front door checks are getting nearly impossible to find.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:30 AM

I am pretty sure the sides are the same (just different part numbers) the difference from side to side is basically a flipped over unit. I believe off memory that it will also work left to right - only difference is the rivet that holds the arm to the bracket at the jamb faces up vs down - however the only way you notice that is if you were looking for it and examined closely.

again- I am pretty sure on this - not 100% but close lol

Quick Reply: Drivers door squeak