Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

The dreaded door panel removal???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 07:35 PM

I'm ordering a lock actuator for my passenger rear. I'll update after that arrives in the mail and I make time for the nightmare of doing the swap. If that fix works, I'll order one for the other side. I'm going with a remanufactured OEM instead of a new Chinese one.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
Good lord a new actuator for just 1 door is $150. I tried replacing the LOCKS fuse but I'm still having the problem. I guess I'll follow your advice and also remove the passenger front door panel and watch how it moves on a working door. It's weird that both rear actuators would go out at the exact same time though. They are moving, sometimes they'll lock or unlock halfway which is weird, so seems like something mechanical to me and not electronic, but I'm not positive.
Not willing / able to buy original ones, I replaced all 4 door actuators with generic ones ($7 each) and they have been performing well for almost a year now.

While you have to go OEM on certain parts, you can save a bunch on non “critical” ones.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hbrezzi
Not willing / able to buy original ones, I replaced all 4 door actuators with generic ones ($7 each) and they have been performing well for almost a year now.

While you have to go OEM on certain parts, you can save a bunch on non “critical” ones.
I opted for OEM only becuz I didn't want to have to take the door panel off again if a Chinese one crapped out. But to my surprise taking the door panels off isn't really that bad. I was able to find refurbished OEM actuators on eBay for around $70. The new actuator did fix my problem.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hbrezzi

Where can you find actuators for $7?

Old 02-02-2021, 11:01 AM

I think the locksmith has provided them the actuator at $7.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM

I believe there is some confusion. The lock actuator is the door latch inside the door that also acts as the door latch. I'm confident locksmiths do not have these in stock nor do they sell them for $7. Each lock actuator is unique to that door. The H2 has 4 different part numbers for all 4 doors and it is not shared with any other GM vehicle.