Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Console Vault

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 02:42 PM
Talking Console Vault

I recently purchased my first Hummer. It's an 03 H2 and it's absolutely AWESOME!!! I am in need of a gun box for my pistol. the company Console Vault apparently discontinued production of their locking box that screws inside the console between the front seats. Can anyone please tell me where I might track one of these down at?

Old 05-28-2022, 01:10 PM

Right now I keep my “Texas Snake Slayer” attached to the lid on the inside of the console with velcro. The problem with that is that you can’t lock the console. I don’t worry about theft but do worry about the Grandkids. I am thinking about buying a insert and refabricate it to fit. The one you were looking for is not made anymore. I have looked at all other options and have not come up with any good ones. Fast deployment and securing the firearm just doesn’t work well in the hummer.

Don’t buy a RFID and especially the one made by Hornady. I did and I threw it out. Can expand on that if you want and RFID. It sucks.

Storage space in the Hummer is already limited and I don’t like the idea of losing the console space but it may be the only way to secure the firearm. The glove box doesn’t lock either.

That will be the next project after my new paint job is done. I will post the refabricated assembly.

Old 05-28-2022, 01:19 PM

maybe you can fit one for a taho, suburban, escalde in the hummer console it might be a bit narrower. maybe you can ask them for the dimensions and see it it will fit. maybe mock it up in cardboard and tape to see if it clears

Old 05-28-2022, 01:28 PM

Not sure but I usually ride with mine on my hip. A good quality carry holster is what I would go with. I never have to worry about my little ones getting ahold of it because it is never left in the truck. If you are just wanting something to lock it up when you are in a no freedom zone, then just look on amazon they have a lot of bolt-on lockboxes. Amazon also has some pretty good rifle racks you can mount in their too. I use them for work and have had no issues with them. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 05-28-2022, 01:39 PM
Old 05-31-2022, 04:12 PM

I am a Correctional Officer and my facility requires that we have a secure gun safe in our vehicle if we carry. When I'm not working it is obviously on my hip or in the Vulcan Holder on the console at my knee.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:56 PM
Old 08-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Default Slightly off track hope it is ok

Delta, can you adapt your mole panels to other sizes? I have a different vehicle that I would like a panel for. Shot me a message please.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Oldwvman
Delta, can you adapt your mole panels to other sizes? I have a different vehicle that I would like a panel for. Shot me a message please.
Their are similar mole panels on Amazon that come in different sizes. I would stick with the hard mole panels. Their are soft mole mesh panels for the back of your seat but I would not mount AR on it. To much movement.