PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congratulations! You've posted the 1 millionth thread about water leakage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Default Congratulations! You've posted the 1 millionth thread about water leakage!!!

Alright, now before I begin, let me preface this by saying I have read probably every thread on this issue. I've read everything I could find from this forum, Elcova, Luxry4play, everything Google threw at me!

So here is my issue, I am having water leak into my headliner, right where the A-Pillar meets the headliner on the drivers side. It's soaking the headliner, dripping all over my dash, and leaking through the grab handle. After extensive research I began the checklist of repairs. First I removed all four corner roof lights, cleaned the grommet and silicone'd the hell outta them, both in the hole, and around the grommet. Reassembled, and waited for the next rain. When that came I checked, and still had water. So next on my list was all 6 roof clearance lights. I removed them, silicone'd the hell outta the 3 holes under each light, resembled and waited for the next rain, which was yesterday. With the light rain I seemed to have fixed it, headliner felt damp, but not soaked, I thought it may have just been humidity (wishful thinking...). So this morning, I leave for work, and after a huge rainstorm the corner by the headliner was once again soaked. So I checked the sunroof drains, after reading this could be the culprit. The drivers side drain empties very fast, with water on the ground for proof. The passenger side was slower, but it may have been how I was parked, regardless, there was a puddle under the passenger side as well verifying it was draining.

So I'm stumped! I thought it could be the door seal as I've read this can cause leakage, but it appears to be solid. Does anyone have any other ideas? This is driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated! ! !

Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 PM

I just resealed all of my lights as well. I dont have a sunroof though. Having the same symptoms as you but I havent gone out and checked it since we had a big rain yesterday... fingers crossed...

Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 PM

I've done the same thing and still can't fix the issue. I seem to have stopped it on the right side but my driver side a pillar is still as bad as ever. While my door seal looks like it probably needs to replaced, I doubt it is the source of the water. I can pull back the seal on the edge of the headliner and it doesn't seem to be wet up there. It is clearly pooling down by the top of the grab handle and not getting wet up by the edge of the headliner by the door.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 AM

Dang that sucks guys! Hopefully someone will chime in with some other ideas!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 AM

I seriously feel for all your guys. This issue comes up non stop is seems like. Thank god I haven't had any issues with mine after rain or car washes!!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM

Clean out your sunroof drains anyway even if they look like they are draining. Also check under the headliner where the drains connect to the hose.

I had to take everything apart and sit inside while my wife hosed the outside down to find my leak.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 AM

I also sealed the molding across the top of the windshield as it had a gap in it.

While you're at it check my post about sealing around your a/c intake.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Default it might be comming from your roof racks

hi....only place i can think of (mind you someone else might of said this already) might be comming from the roof...meaning. even if you dont have roof racks...i would think that you would have the guide rails( those plastic pieces)....i suspect the water is getting in from a screw hole...i would really examine those....water travels from the quickest area...so i would start there...on a sunny day and dry day....simply take your hose and carefully put water on just the roof....see what happens...chances are that its that....no where else it could come from if you think about it.. ..let me know buddy...If it is not that and you have been and have done the doors...there is no other place it can be coming from...At least that what i would think.AGAIN...HOPE THIS HELPS OUT

Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by HUMMERSAM
hi....only place i can think of (mind you someone else might of said this already) might be comming from the roof...meaning. even if you dont have roof racks...i would think that you would have the guide rails( those plastic pieces)....i suspect the water is getting in from a screw hole...i would really examine those....water travels from the quickest area...so i would start there...on a sunny day and dry day....simply take your hose and carefully put water on just the roof....see what happens...chances are that its that....no where else it could come from if you think about it.. ..let me know buddy...If it is not that and you have been and have done the doors...there is no other place it can be coming from...At least that what i would think.AGAIN...HOPE THIS HELPS OUT
PS.....ALSO CHECK utube....i remember a guy having the same problem if you have a sunroof...there are drains on the passenger side and drivers side that go down the out hidden by the plastic front side pillars....while i was writing this...i found the link....i think this guys problem might be what your are experiences...GOOD LUCK