Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Completed major maintenance on new to me Hummer H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 06:41 PM
Default Vent hose

I wrapped a piece of blue tape around it to mark it and make it more obvious

Old 03-13-2024, 07:00 PM

I may have found the answer in the below diagram...it would suggest that vent hose goes through the plastic clip at the top of the transfer case.....which I do have.....and is just open to the air? Connects to nothing?

Old 03-14-2024, 07:06 PM
Default K&N Hybrid Intake

So I couldn't stand the hissing noise from the K&N cold air intake. Definitely wasn't impressed on their own data that it only added something like 4 horsepower at 7000 RPM. Kind of feel bad for the previous owner that spent $500, to pull warm Engine air over the top of the housing that comes with that kit. So I went ahead and pieced together my own intake utilizing the factory air box and Factory air filter. K&N might not be too happy

Old 03-14-2024, 08:22 PM
Default I put a new l9h w/supercharger in mine

along with that I built a stage 3 tranny w/billet parts and 4.88 gears front&rear. Its great to read about all you did to your H2, it gives you that old reliable feeling

Old 03-15-2024, 03:03 AM
Default L9h

That's definitely the way to go. Converted the L94 in my wife's Escalade to an L9H when deleting the AFM by swapping in the L9H camshaft. Upgraded the lifters and trunions. It's amazing how much more power it makes over the 6 liter in stock form.

I used the Predator Diablo to turn off the AFM DOD in the Escalade. Purchased one for the Hummer just to fine tune a few things, ended up having to return it. Tech support told me the problem is the Diablo doesn't recognize the Bose sound system as a stock component. They said I would need to open up the dash and disconnect the stereo as well as the amp physically in order for the Predator Diablo to work. Too much of a hassle. What did you do as far as the ECM? Send it off to get it tuned?

Old 03-15-2024, 04:50 PM

That vent hose is connected to something. Otherwise it would draw water into the trany when fording deeper water. Find it!

The diagram is obviously incomplete, as is typical gfor the GM cartoonists.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:05 AM

Time for an oil change on mine,

I'll put it on the lift shortly and take a look at the vent hose, I pulled the T-case and trans out a while back and seem to remember that hose on top of the T-case and not connected to anything on the lower end.

Neal

Old 03-16-2024, 11:00 AM

I have about an hour just looking around for any possible connection for that vent hose. Driving me crazy. Rear main seal repair complete, I now have no leaks anywhere :-)

Talked with the local GM dealer about the vent. He's 'pretty sure' the hose runs from the upper bellhousing to the top rear of transfer case where it is open, and the tranny vent should have a loop where it T's off to prevent water entry when fording. The reason it's open? He suggested to let water drain out either from condensation in the line, or fording water deeper than the top of the bellhousing. That was his theory when looking at the diagrams at his end. He shows it open, no connection, but there has to be the loop before it goes to the tranny vent connection. Bizarre. Would like to confirm with someone who can visually check theirs. Thank you Neal....I will await your findings.

Old 03-17-2024, 09:01 AM

Well mine has no vent hose at all, maybe remembering form another truck.
I can see the vent tube coming out of the tanny but no hose connected, there are brackets with plastic retainers on top of the T-case/tranny with nothing in them not sure what happened, maybe prior owner.
Looks like I'll have to start looking for the parts to get it put back on.

Neal

Old 03-17-2024, 10:12 AM

spent some time looking around on the inter-web and it looks like the 08/09 6L80e is different than the 03/07 vent tubes

08/09 trans tube GM 24256930 , trans case GM 25819262, it looks like they have separate vent tubes for the T-case and the trany

I could see the metal vent tube on the trany with no hose attached, I'll put it back on the lift and see if the T-case tube is there and if it has a hose on it

Going to order both and see what I get,

Neal

Quick Reply: Completed major maintenance on new to me Hummer H2