Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Choosing tires main use is on street

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 12:06 AM

Your life is riding on your tires.

If your life and your family’s life is not worth much, get the cheapo tires.

You get what u pay for when it comes to tires.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
all four tires have to match in diameter if not it can damage the transfercase.front spinning faster than rears as a scenario.
same as unevenly worn tires.
That’s was told me by a mechanic that used to do only hummers when he was by Hummer dealership.
Rotate AMAP and put a lifetime alinement on the vehicle.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:53 AM

Amen @finall ...

Old 02-14-2024, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
all four tires have to match in diameter if not it can damage the transfercase.front spinning faster than rears as a scenario.
same as unevenly worn tires.
yes I have heard all 4 tires should match in diameter for a AWD
I was informed if your AWD tires are half way worn you ruin one tire you need to replace all 4 to keep the diameter the same.
so it's the same for 4x4s too.
I'm still looking at tires.one of my weird observations is the same size tires from differnt manufactors can have a major diameter difference.
so are you saying it's best to get all 4 tires from same manufactor? an my plan for mudders on rear an street tires on front could cause TC problems. or will so called tire experts like at tire rack know the exact size of diameter an suggest mudders on rear an streets on front. thanks

Last edited by HandsomeSteve; 02-14-2024 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:17 PM

So I have also heard that 4 tires from the same manufacturer may have variations. Just saw this video on YouTube of a guy shaving his tires to get them perfect... anyone done this?

Old 02-15-2024, 02:47 PM

Shaving tires is NUTS. You should be rotating tires before this ever happens. And have proper alignment. And proper tire pressure. And decent quality of tires.
All of which avoid this problem in the first place.

Instead of screwing around trying to shave mudder tires with a hand planer.

And yes, you should run a set of 4, instead of 2 sets of 2, for the best ride. Some vehicles tolerate this, others do not. Some vehicles protest when you just mount rear winter tires instead of all 4.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brunob00
So I have also heard that 4 tires from the same manufacturer may have variations. Just saw this video on YouTube of a guy shaving his tires to get them perfect... anyone done this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsg1UBpNTCA
He removed a lot of tread from the tire. Shaving tires old school:

Old 04-05-2024, 08:41 AM

goodyears not stronge enough apparently the load index needs to be 121 could this be missinformation. or is walmart just as delusional as amazon on what parts fit? priority tire a fakebook sponsor seams to think there strong enough for H2.

Last edited by HandsomeSteve; 04-05-2024 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:51 AM
Talking They would work just fine!

Handsome Steve, Re-check your math, load rating 121 is 3297lbs per tire, multiplied by 4=13188lbs. The H2 weighs approx 6500lbs with an approx load rating of 2000lbs for a grand total of 8500lbs, well under the load rating of those tires!

They would be fine!

Old 04-05-2024, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by HandsomeSteve
goodyears not stronge enough apparently the load index needs to be 121 could this be missinformation. or is walmart just as delusional as amazon on what parts fit? priority tire a fakebook sponsor seams to think there strong enough for H2.

Manufacturer's recommended load range is based on the tires ability to hold the vehicle on 2 tires at the recommended psi. 2 tires hold the weight of the vehicle and 2 tires for payload & weight shift when cornering. Simple math=Curb weight x 2 ÷ 4 = Recommended load range.

Quick Reply: Choosing tires main use is on street