Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Brake fluid leak at pedal $$$

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Default Brake fluid leak at pedal $$$

The gift that keeps on giving. This trucks starting to show its age. The fancy *** 08/09 only $1000 brake booster/master combo that has no documentation and no one knows anything about is slowly dripping into the cabin.

I was checking if my column was still tight after adjusting the screws and half of me wants to say “I didn’t see anything” but the other half knows better. Especially with no functioning e-brake.

Are there rebuild/seal kits for this available anywhere? Or am I throwing another grand into the bottomless orange hole?

Old 11-09-2023, 07:18 AM

Look at it this way, 25% of car loans are over $1000 per month. You toss a $1000 every now & then into a 15 year old+ vehicle and this problem most likely not happen for another 15 years +/- .... PLUS you do not have the "bottom less hole" of spending a $1000 a month on a vehicle that is probably depreciating that each month. For the most part H2's are going to at least hold there value at current prices (if maintained and not rusted to hell). So, look at the positives- You still have a unique vehicle people comment on..... that or have the $1000 +/- monthly payment with the same GMC, Chevy truck you see at every other stop light...... Myself, I will take the $1000 maintenance issues once a year +/-. Bite the bullet & get it behind you. Its done and most likely will not happen again a long time from now...

Old 11-09-2023, 08:20 AM

So I noticed the exact same thing on my 08 a few nights ago while looking for the backup camera wire. I went with the "I didn't see anything", but now that you've mentioned it, I guess I can no longer say anything. Mine is also a bottomless orange hole, as it's waiting for new oil cooler, trans cooler, and oil pan gaskets to come in to be replaced.

Old 11-09-2023, 09:34 AM

TASCA seems to have the whole assembly or just the master cylinder
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...inder-19258789

Old 11-09-2023, 10:13 AM

Just replied to another thread hoping to find some good information, but that member also didn't have any luck

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...27/#post404823

Last edited by HellHoof; 11-09-2023 at 10:14 AM. Reason: wrong thread link
Old 11-09-2023, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chrmer3
Look at it this way, 25% of car loans are over $1000 per month. You toss a $1000 every now & then into a 15 year old+ vehicle and this problem most likely not happen for another 15 years +/- .... PLUS you do not have the "bottom less hole" of spending a $1000 a month on a vehicle that is probably depreciating that each month. For the most part H2's are going to at least hold there value at current prices (if maintained and not rusted to hell). So, look at the positives- You still have a unique vehicle people comment on..... that or have the $1000 +/- monthly payment with the same GMC, Chevy truck you see at every other stop light...... Myself, I will take the $1000 maintenance issues once a year +/-. Bite the bullet & get it behind you. Its done and most likely will not happen again a long time from now...
That’s a good way to look at it. I also see so many new vehicles like my parents raptor and bronco where the quality and reliability doesn’t come close to the h2. I give it a lot of crap but the reality is I’d be shocked if the two brand new ford’s make it 15 years and 130k miles. Everything from the interior to under the hood is cheap plastic crap with so much going on.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by HellHoof
So I noticed the exact same thing on my 08 a few nights ago while looking for the backup camera wire. I went with the "I didn't see anything", but now that you've mentioned it, I guess I can no longer say anything. Mine is also a bottomless orange hole, as it's waiting for new oil cooler, trans cooler, and oil pan gaskets to come in to be replaced.
I have all three of those to do too. I tried doing the engine oil cooler lines, but there’s no way to get them out without dropping the front axle and crossmember. I’m just going to make some with a fittings and braided hose. My oil pan isn’t leaking enough for me to care. Otherwise I would just do it all at once.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
TASCA seems to have the whole assembly or just the master cylinder
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...inder-19258789
Thanks. This is the route I’m going to go. $500 for a master cylinder is still an absolute rip off. I’ll take apart my old one once it’s off and see if I can match up some parts for everyone else with the issue. There’s no way the internals don’t exist somewhere.

Old 11-09-2023, 02:09 PM

yah maybe it matches up internally to some 25$ autozone special.

Old 11-10-2023, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Thanks. This is the route I’m going to go. $500 for a master cylinder is still an absolute rip off. I’ll take apart my old one once it’s off and see if I can match up some parts for everyone else with the issue. There’s no way the internals don’t exist somewhere.
Keep us posted!

I’m changing from “I didn’t see that” to “I’m waiting on Gavin”

Quick Reply: Brake fluid leak at pedal $$$