PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Spare Tire Cover? / DVD System

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Default Best Spare Tire Cover? / DVD System

Just purchased an '06 H2 and it has an exterior tire rack with a dealership tire cover. I am looking to change it, what covers are best?

I found these which I seem to like. What do you think? http://www.h2source.com/rm-h2htclp.htm
Is it possible to mount the stock spare tire elsewhere other than inside or on the rear of the vehicle? ( thinking underneath)

Secondly, I have a rear-view cam, DVD/Nav. and head-rest screens. I was wondering the possibility of watching DVD's on the front Nav. screen. Is this what I need?

http://www.gstyle4u.com/.sc/ms/dd/Au...H2%20%26%20SUT

Will having the dvd play in the front disturb the current Nav. or rear-view cam displayed on the Nav. screen?
I asked the dealer if it was possible and he said no it wasn't. Is it illegal or something?

Sorry for all the questions.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Default RE: Best Spare Tire Cover? / DVD System

Your not even going to introduce yourself first?

Old 12-15-2006, 11:06 AM

Greetings...

I have the hard cover as well and I like it, however the dealership put their logo on it too. I was thinking of just using some adhesive remover to take off the dealership crap but leave the "Hummer" logo intact. Anybody know of a good paint remover to use on plastic?

Old 12-15-2006, 06:00 PM

I'm thinking of eventually moving the spare tire/wheel assembly to a roof rack-mounted spare tire carrier that I've seen advertised on some of the H2 parts vendor sites. Although probably utilizing the spare, when the time presents itself, will most certainly be a PITA (especially for me), I've also actually never had a flat tire [knock on wood] on any of the numerous vehicles that I've owned in over thirty-five years of driving/vehicle ownership. I'm just more worried that some thief may just decide to liberate my new chrome H2 wheel and BFG tire to sell on eBay of something. Moving the entire spare tire/wheel assembly back inside isn't an option for me, because I require the additional space for my electric mobility scooter.[sm=pcwhack.gif]

BTW, my Hummer dealer won't convert my nav screen over to also play DVDs (their policy); however, most stereo shops will do it.