Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Any Ideas For Locating This 2008-2009 H2 Part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R
Yeah Plan to Hummerz.

Only problem is Ebay changed there Valuation Plan. You use to be able to have them take your selling fee out of your PayPal account when money was put in. Now they want access to your Personal Bank account or checking. So I'll continue to buy on ebay but they ain't getting into my personal stuff. I could open a seperate checking account for ebay but the bank wants a minimum of $600.00 balance in there at all times or you get charged a fee each month.

How do you get around that?? Ideas?
Yes, I have 3 checking accounts: chase bank, only requires direct deposit no minimum balance required (wife's paycheck), pnc bank, requires a $500 avg daily balance(used for paying bills) and 1 for ebay-> discover bank(no minimum balance required) Discover Cashback Debit. All linked to my goldman sachs savings account, with instant online transfers.
Ebay, gives me 250 free listings per month, and only have to pay after selling an item(fees are deducted from the sale). I use ebay shipping/print label for USPS and get a discount there. Price accordingly to recover your cost for goods, here's an example of a recently sold item net proceeds:

Transaction breakdown

Order total $213.45
Total fees-$29.10
Net proceeds$184.35

-$11.37 USPS Priority Insured
=$172.98 in my pocket

Many negative reviews from selling on ebay, now that sales are reported since 1/1/22. However what they don't realize, you don't owe any income taxes for the cost of goods(total cost with tax and shipping), only on profit amount! So, if you net equal to what you paid for the part, you owe NO income tax.

Last edited by hummerz; 03-26-2022 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Yes, I have 3 checking accounts: chase bank, only requires direct deposit no minimum balance required (wife's paycheck), pnc bank, requires a $500 avg daily balance(used for paying bills) and 1 for ebay-> discover bank(no minimum balance required) Discover Cashback Debit. All linked to my goldman sachs savings account, with instant online transfers.
Ebay, gives me 250 free listings per month, and only have to pay after selling an item(fees are deducted from the sale). I use ebay shipping/print label for USPS and get a discount there. Price accordingly to recover your cost for goods, here's an example of a recently sold item net proceeds:

Transaction breakdown

Order total $213.45
Total fees-$29.10
Net proceeds$184.35

-$11.37 USPS Priority Insured
=$172.98 in my pocket

Many negative reviews from selling on ebay, now that sales are reported since 1/1/22. However what they don't realize, you don't owe any income taxes for the cost of goods(total cost with tax and shipping), only on profit amount! So, if you net equal to what you paid for the part, you owe NO income tax.
I've been on Ebay for over 20 years ..I have 150 Plus Transactions (100%) so I know the deal as far as how to price and ship. So now they want me to go out and get another bank account with a different bank. No Thank You Ebay. There are other sites to sell from. I buy on Ebay but refuse to cow tow to something that has worked for many years because someone decided that they can save money for ebay.. It was so simple with Paypal. Now they've gone and screwed that up.

I Don't sell allot anymore just once in a while... I can Post the Dorman here in Classified or on a few other sites or even on Craigslist Etc. Or give it to a freind of mine who has over 5000 transactions on Ebay and let him sell it and just give 10%.

Sounds like you got it covered with the transactions... Good job

Old 03-27-2022, 05:17 PM

You don't have to get a new bank account. Sell an item then ebay has your bank. Btw, ebay still gets the best exposure to potential buyers, I have a listing that currently has>>> 12461Views / 18Watchers
When I list something I search ebay first on current listings and then come in under the lowest price,+shipping.
After an item sells, the money gets deposited to my bank within 3 days.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:52 AM

The button stickers are actually decent. I've had them in my Silverado for 2 years and they still look good. That is a great idea swapping the face plate.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:41 PM

You don't have to get a new bank account. Sell an item then ebay has your bank. Btw, ebay still gets the best exposure to potential buyers, I have a listing that currently has>>> 12461Views / 18Watchers
When I list something I search ebay first on current listings and then come in under the lowest price,+shipping.
After an item sells, the money gets deposited to my bank within 3 days.

https://youtu.be/p2yv9RWaeR8
Understand what You are saying. The Video you posted is good advice for someone who either makes their living or does it part time thru ebay. The gentleman in the video even says..."I know since ebay changed the system IT SUCKS". I agree..it does suck. I do not make a living from ebay. I sell once in a blue moon. I have over 150 sales @100% over 20 years.

I don't need to open a Bank account just for them and I certainly don't want them to have access to my Checking Account. I don't care how easy this video guy makes it seem...It still sucks. As I stated in another post I will buy on ebay and pay thru paypal but will not let them into my Checking account for selling.

I'm glad your doing good with Ebay. But there are other ways to sell on the internet. Maybe not as good as ebay since they have the biggest exposure on the web.
Thanks for taking the time to post that video...

Old 03-28-2022, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
The button stickers are actually decent. I've had them in my Silverado for 2 years and they still look good. That is a great idea swapping the face plate.
Thanks NY six,
Those stickers are cool but not the same icon size for my H2 as far as the fan goes. They do let some back light pass but very dimly. The faceplate swap is the way to go. If the Main unit where to go I'd be ..You know what... The Tech at Dorman said they are considering making a Unit for 2008 and 2009 H2's. He said that they have just bought another Mfg co. He also said as I posted that they get about 8 to 9 calls a month for 2008 2009 h2 Climate Control Modules.

The 599-138 I bought does fit the following GM rides... https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-74185-599-138.aspx So I will be listing it on the classified section for cheap. Never realized there was programing involved with a Climate control Module. I just looked at it as heat air vent door control and Defrost. I thought ,,,they all must be the same..why make so many changes for such basic functions. BWTFDIK..

Old 03-28-2022, 04:05 PM

I don't need to open a Bank account just for them and I certainly don't want them to have access to my Checking Account.
Been selling on eBay for 22yrs, I have 4 eBay accounts(different categorizations) linked to 4 checking/savings bank accounts, now I only use 2 accounts linked to 2 checking accounts. 10's of thousands sales later, I can assure you, I've never had a problem giving my banking info to eBay/PayPal!
ICYMI, In 2002 eBay acquired PayPal for $1.5 billion.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:20 AM

Been selling on eBay for 22yrs, I have 4 eBay accounts(different categorizations) linked to 4 checking/savings bank accounts, now I only use 2 accounts linked to 2 checking accounts. 10's of thousands sales later, I can assure you, I've never had a problem giving my banking info to eBay/PayPal!
ICYMI, In 2002 eBay acquired PayPal for $1.5 billion.
Yep aware of the purchase of Paypal... As long as you're happy with the system that's great. I only have one checking account and one savings account with one bank. My main savings are in a Local Fire and Police Federal Credit Union. They don't invest in stocks or anything else and only lend money to Members of the Credit Union.

So as you can see I'm not a big fan of Big Banks let alone granting access to Ebay or anyone else. I'm just a small Fry when it comes to selling on ebay wich like I said is once in a Blue moon.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:25 PM

Yep aware of the purchase of Paypal... As long as you're happy with the system that's great. I only have one checking account and one savings account with one bank. My main savings are in a Local Fire and Police Federal Credit Union. They don't invest in stocks or anything else and only lend money to Members of the Credit Union.

So as you can see I'm not a big fan of Big Banks let alone granting access to Ebay or anyone else. I'm just a small Fry when it comes to selling on ebay wich like I said is once in a Blue moon.
The best part, my eBay items sell for upto10x+$ over other platforms. On a side note, I'm moving soon, <<NO GARAGE SALE>> instead of moving my items, USPS is moving them for me. I sold 50+lbs within 2 listings yesterday, and USPS is moving them, +the buyers paid a premium price & extra for shipping costs. 2 items I could have sold for $20 at a garage sale? After ALL Fees+ $ +Shipping costs, I get a $215.21 PROFIT!

Old 03-30-2022, 12:37 PM

The best part, my eBay items sell for upto10x+$ over other platforms. On a side note, I'm moving soon, <<NO GARAGE SALE>> instead of moving my items, USPS is moving them for me. I sold 50+lbs within 2 listings yesterday, and USPS is moving them, +the buyers paid a premium price & extra for shipping costs. 2 items I could have sold for $20 at a garage sale? After ALL Fees+ $ +Shipping costs, I get a $215.21 PROFIT!

Excellent!! Yep Ebay is The Best.. I'm In Pro Audio Sound. Years ago I sold a Pair of Vintage Altec Lansing 604E Mantaray Coaxial 2 way 15" Speakers. They were used back in the day for Recording studio Monitors and Use Alnico Magnets. Highly prized and very highly Valued. They were sold to a Guy in Japan on ebay. He paid for the construction of Wood creates I had made for shipping. They went for over $2000.00 Plus International shipping.

Here's what They go fo now... https://www.ebay.com/itm/26512788349...3ABFBM9q7Hvvtf

Yes Ebay is great as you get coverage all over the world. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Mark R; 03-30-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Ideas For Locating This 2008-2009 H2 Part?