Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Air intake duct

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 09:56 AM
Default Air intake duct

I have a 2003 H2, looking for an air intake duct / box. Chevy dealer says discontinued. can anyone help?

Thanks

Old 05-28-2022, 01:24 PM

you need to get a used one if it is the OEM one you desire. try your local salvage yards or try contacting https://www.pacificmotors.com/ there are a few others that break Hummers.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:11 PM

You can also try J&J autowrecking at their ebay store:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn...g&_dmd=2&rt=nc

or their website:

https://www.jandjautowrecking.com/

They deal with 90% H2's.

Old 05-29-2022, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by zenith
You can also try J&J autowrecking at their ebay store:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn...g&_dmd=2&rt=nc

or their website:

https://www.jandjautowrecking.com/

They deal with 90% H2's.
These guys are scammers. They are asking more for rock rails and bumpers than they cost brand new from the dealer. Buyer beware!

Old 05-29-2022, 10:18 AM

I have one that came off my 2005. To the best of my memory I think the air filter check thing broke off and the rubber seal to the throttle body kept wanting to roll under. I don't know if that can be replaced or not.

I'm in FL, make me a fair offer and cover shipping and its all yours.

Tim

Old 05-29-2022, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by finall
These guys are scammers. They are asking more for rock rails and bumpers than they cost brand new from the dealer. Buyer beware!
Scammers? 88k items sold on ebay 100% Positive FB. Anyone can ask whatever price they want, besides they also have:::>>> BEST OFFER!
Someone recently paid $1,150.00+shipping for a drivers door panel, look at the prices they get for H2 parts sold listings>>> 03-07 Hummer H2 Driver Left LH Front Door Trim Panel. Discontinued parts can sell way over dealer msrp.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:12 PM

yes J&J and pacific motors price gouge. also make it hard to maintain simple body parts.
i see that hummerz is ok with that as well.
known for contributing to the overpricing. try's to make it seem like it's ok to pay 800 bucks for rotted parts. the same for mcioc even though he has not posted on this thread

i had an experience with an ebay seller and a tow hitch bar for my h2 i offered 240$ plus shipping for it and it was a rusted POS but better than my rusted POS that was missing a few chunks. he refused and thank god he did i found a really good usable one for 50 bucks locally at a salvage yard. it even came with both D hooks and bolts. which according to going prices with these 2 just for d hooks was already a gain.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:29 AM

I don't want anywhere near those prices especially when you can buy an Air Raid tube for $200.
$100 will buy it plus shipping. I also have the Vortex intake cover.

Tim

Old 05-30-2022, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by tharber
I don't want anywhere near those prices especially when you can buy an Air Raid tube for $200.
$100 will buy it plus shipping. I also have the Vortex intake cover.

Tim
There's lot's of people, me included that like to keep things original. I tried the Air Raid set up a couple years ago for ****s and giggles to see if I could get a little more power and or mileage, and the noise that thing made was crazy. Way to loud for my liking, in fact one of the members here reminded me that the factory airbox is the best set up for our H2's.

Bottom line, we own a very unique vehicle that has limited supply of parts to keep them original, and if the market dictates high prices, it is what it is, basic supply and demand. Just my .02 cents. I only see these prices for original parts going up in the future.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
yes J&J and pacific motors price gouge. also make it hard to maintain simple body parts.
i see that hummerz is ok with that as well.
known for contributing to the overpricing. try's to make it seem like it's ok to pay 800 bucks for rotted parts. the same for mcioc even though he has not posted on this thread

i had an experience with an ebay seller and a tow hitch bar for my h2 i offered 240$ plus shipping for it and it was a rusted POS but better than my rusted POS that was missing a few chunks. he refused and thank god he did i found a really good usable one for 50 bucks locally at a salvage yard. it even came with both D hooks and bolts. which according to going prices with these 2 just for d hooks was already a gain.
Yes, your Hummer is worth $MORE$ parted out!
When my oldest daughter turned 16(2007), I bought her a 1984 Fiero, paid $400.00, serviced and repaired. She drove for 2yrs, then she bought a cobalt. I put it up for sale, for $800 and didn't get any interest. Decided to strip it/part it out(also discontinued parts), sell parts individually on eBay/CL, and ended up getting 10x+ $money$ I paid for it.