Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

3rd row reverse seat (tesla)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 03:25 AM
Default 3rd row reverse seat (tesla)

Hi im sorry if this is a repost. But i been trying to find a company who makes 3rd row aftermarket seating for my 2008 hummer. I wanted to put them in reverse like similar to how the teslas are. I seen it done before but cant find any pictures. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:30 AM

Considering there is only just next to zero demand I'd say with certainty that there is nothing off the shelf or ready made anywhere. This would almost certainly be something that would have to be custom made up.

That being said - it does not seem that it would be too complex to modify a stock seat frame to reverse the direction of the brackets so that the seat faces backwards. I know the 08/009 third row is a bit different than prior years but there are a couple on eBay (big $$$) but with patience you could probably find a set for less. I've seen single third row seats for the earlier models locally for as low as $100. I've not looked but I'd imagine there is a basic lower frame and the brackets/release mech is either bolted or welded to the bottom of the frame. Seems like it would be a matter of pulling the bottom covering off, inspecting/measuring, removing (bolts or cutting if needed) and then attaching them to face the other direction. Might be as simple as bolting them on the other way but I doubt it would be that simple. At minimum it would probably require drilling new holes but more likely some steel fabrication and possibly welding some new bits on to mount the brackets.

Probably best to find a local custom hot rod shop who might be willing to take on the modifications.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:25 AM

This would be neither tesla or hummer GM but if done right would be equal to what your looking for.
The seat is buggy/side by side, off road recreational vehicles. rear bench seat and two five point harnesses of the desired type retractable or regular. i installed mine in my off road UTV for my kids. but either way it would be custom fabricator install.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:16 AM

Cerullo makes a 3rd row seat and they're still producing them. $1,500 for leather.
Hummer ? Cerullo Seats