PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37" Tires Rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Default 37" Tires Rubbing

I purchased this 07 SUT in december of last year with 24" wheels and 37" Toyo tires. The front tires were new and the rears were shot I puchased two new tires and installed them yesterday. The front tires were rubbing on the frame and the sway bar in a tight turn. At my tire shops suggestion I order a set of 2" wheel spacers from Custom Wheel Spacers in Colorado installed them yesterday also. Now the tires clear the frame members but rub on the plastic wheel well liners.

What should I do now? Rip out the fender well liners? Do I need a lift kit? Is cranking the torsion bars enough? Keep in mind I have a 7ft tall garage door that I maybe clear by 2" without the rack bars. I can modify the garage but it would probably be cheaper to get smaller tires.

Attached Thumbnails 37" Tires Rubbing-002.jpg   37" Tires Rubbing-005.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Two more pictures

Attached Thumbnails 37" Tires Rubbing-003.jpg   37" Tires Rubbing-004.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bedmison
I purchased this 07 SUT in december of last year with 24" wheels and 37" Toyo tires. The front tires were new and the rears were shot I puchased two new tires and installed them yesterday. The front tires were rubbing on the frame and the sway bar in a tight turn. At my tire shops suggestion I order a set of 2" wheel spacers from Custom Wheel Spacers in Colorado installed them yesterday also. Now the tires clear the frame members but rub on the plastic wheel well liners.

What should I do now? Rip out the fender well liners? Do I need a lift kit? Is cranking the torsion bars enough? Keep in mind I have a 7ft tall garage door that I maybe clear by 2" without the rack bars. I can modify the garage but it would probably be cheaper to get smaller tires.
I have a 07 Hummer H2, too, I have LT325/50R22 Toyo A/T Open Country on 22 inch rims, I have the same rubbing problems if I turn too tight, but other than that everything is fine..as long as I don't turn tight...vehicle heights is 6' 10" clears my 7' garage.. did not had to purchase spacers.

Dan

Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Allterrainblue07
I have a 07 Hummer H2, too, I have LT325/50R22 Toyo A/T Open Country on 22 inch rims, I have the same rubbing problems if I turn too tight, but other than that everything is fine..as long as I don't turn tight...vehicle heights is 6' 10" clears my 7' garage.. did not had to purchase spacers.

Dan
Height includes roof rack..

Dan

Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM

hell my swaybar is rubbed like that with stock 35's.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 PM

i have 20's with 325/60's and it rubs on the sways too. what's the fix?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Setting out the wheels with spacers is the only option I have found. The problem is that I needed a 2" spacer to clear the frame. 2" spacers have a second set of stud bolts that have to be re-torqued periodically. This means removing the tire and blocking the hub each time which is a pain. If you are only rubbing on the sway a 3/4" or 1" spacer would do it they are available but you will need longer stud bolts which I was unable to find.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 PM

My Question is how much will I have to lift it to clear the fender wells?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 PM

I finally balanced the spacing and the tires no longer rub. I installed 1" custom wheel spaces that I purchased from US Wheelspacers. The only problem was I had to saw off the existing stud bolts about a half inch to mount up the rims. My torsion bars are cranked all the way up also. I tried 1/2" and 2" spacers the 1/2" let the tires rub on the frame the 2" spacers let the tires rub on the fender well liners. If I ordered another set I would probably try 1 1/4". At full articulation the tire still brushes the frame slightly. My opinion is the 37" tires require a lift kit and you should buy something smaller. Anybody need any wheel spacers I have two sets for sale. LOL

Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by markiemark
i have 20's with 325/60's and it rubs on the sways too. what's the fix?
Thats what I'm rocking too but I only notice it hitting my damn mud flaps. The very top of them isn't flush in the wheel wells and the tires catch this everytime I turn hard.

Quick Reply: 37" Tires Rubbing