Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

20x14 any one running them any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM

You can get the hubs here Timken Bearings (NEW + Kryptonite) [SP580310-SP580311-580312-58013] - $199.99 : DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource They are $199@ which is what you would pay for cheap ones at a parts store. The wheels and tires in the pics are Fuel Hostage 22x14 with 35" Toyo MT's. I don't recall what the offset is. They stick out about 3". If you want aggressive looking MT tires, the Toyo seems to last lnger than others. The 40" Toyo MT's lasted about 65,000 miles on my lifted H2 and that's with a lot of off roading. You will need good hubs regardless if you stay stock or not. Beefing up the steering and suspension components is a good idea too. On my lifted H2 I have Kryptonite tie rods and Moog Idler & Pitman Arm and ball joints. You can find a lot of good stuff on the site in the link. I got the ball joints seperately and pressed them into the stock control arms just because I don't see what difference a control arm itself is going to make. Some places sell the control arm with the ball joint already in it to make it easy on you. I haven't done anything with the bushings as they have lasted pretty well. The 22" wheels and 35" tires aren't going to wreak much more havoc than the stock will.

Attached Thumbnails 20x14 any one running them any problems?-january7-075.jpg   20x14 any one running them any problems?-january7-074.jpg   20x14 any one running them any problems?-january7-076.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM

at 100$ for all direction parts, why not change them all once a year or every two years ? if you ca do it yourself, why not put the rims that you like ?
BALL JOINT TIE ROD HUMMER H2 03 04 05 06 PITMAN ARM IDL | eBay

Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
I like the hash marks on your fender...where did you get them?
I own a screen printing and graphic design business. I do custom decals and lettering as well. So I cut them my self and put them on using a mat black 3m vinyl.

If you like I could do some for you.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by KruBruder
You can get the hubs here Timken Bearings (NEW + Kryptonite) [SP580310-SP580311-580312-58013] - $199.99 : DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource They are $199@ which is what you would pay for cheap ones at a parts store. The wheels and tires in the pics are Fuel Hostage 22x14 with 35" Toyo MT's. I don't recall what the offset is. They stick out about 3". If you want aggressive looking MT tires, the Toyo seems to last lnger than others. The 40" Toyo MT's lasted about 65,000 miles on my lifted H2 and that's with a lot of off roading. You will need good hubs regardless if you stay stock or not. Beefing up the steering and suspension components is a good idea too. On my lifted H2 I have Kryptonite tie rods and Moog Idler & Pitman Arm and ball joints. You can find a lot of good stuff on the site in the link. I got the ball joints seperately and pressed them into the stock control arms just because I don't see what difference a control arm itself is going to make. Some places sell the control arm with the ball joint already in it to make it easy on you. I haven't done anything with the bushings as they have lasted pretty well. The 22" wheels and 35" tires aren't going to wreak much more havoc than the stock will.
Thanks for the info!

I will look into that.

Do you know if the cognito arms are a good upgrade? From reading it seems like they would be beneficial to have. I would probably need to raise the front a little and I found a cognito kit that also included shock mounts to reposition the shocks if you raise it using torsion keys. Also they say you get more comfort and more caster using these arms.

What do you think the kit is like $600

Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 AM

thanks again for all the comments

Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chief qc
at 100$ for all direction parts, why not change them all once a year or every two years ? if you ca do it yourself, why not put the rims that you like ?
BALL JOINT TIE ROD HUMMER H2 03 04 05 06 PITMAN ARM IDL | eBay
Been there... done that...Still have the Dunce cap from it. I bought one of those <$100 packages from Ebay and installed it on my first H2. I took my family to an off road park in Northeast Georgia the next day. I went up this fairly moderate mountain trail and saw a Jeep parked at the crest of the trail and the owner standing in front of it watching me come up. I was going to be a smartass and ask the guy where the hard trails were when got to him. About 30 feet in front of him one of my new "Ebay" tie rods snapped, my wheels pigeon toed and I got a good mouthfull of humble pie. The worst thing a Hummer could ever do is break down right in front of a die hard Jeeper. The guy was cool and didn't kick me while I was down but I'm sure it ended up in a Jeep forum. After that I decided to buy the quality stuff.

On the Cognito Control arms....I don't know enough about them to say if they are or are not worth the $600. My guess is that if you stay on the pavement(or snow), you probably don't need them. My wife's H2(the one in the pics) is leveled but the guys at the tire shop just torqued the torsion bars without changing the keys when they put her wheels on. I hear it's probably better to get the leveling kit with the keys but I don't know for sure.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Update..

So I went back to the tire shop and fitted some FUEl Octane in Chrome 20x12 with a Toyo 35/12.50/20 MT.

I think the Black looks better for some reason.Name:  IMG_0435_zpsf73be8c3.jpg
Views: 3615
Size:  123.8 KB

Then I had them mount two of those 20x14 Fuel Hostage

Name:  IMG_0441_zpse18437a4.jpg
Views: 5792
Size:  117.4 KB

I decided that although the 20x14's look sick IMO, they are going to probably damage the suspension very very fast.

I went to another shop who reccomended me some 20x10's 2 crave nx-1 wheels they mounted them up on some Nito Mud Grapplers and it did look very nice. Not sure if it looked nicer because of the Nito aggressive tire design or the combo.

I did not get a chance to snap a picture of them on but, this is what the design of the wheel looks like.

Name:  2crave-tundra-front-suspension_zps354f9f53.jpg
Views: 3569
Size:  175.5 KB
Name:  2crave-lifted-tundra-hero1_zps14959b74.jpg
Views: 3846
Size:  192.3 KB

The guy there said I would probably be safest with a 20x10 wheel. I am a little worried about the Nito Mud Grapplers being to LOUD. I had some Irocks on my Avalance and I did not mind the noise but, after a while the vibration kind a got to me. THings rattled in the cab after a while so I switched out to some Cooper Zeon LTZ's and those were super quite..I wonder if the Mud Grapplers will be as noisy as the Iroks???

Still not sure what direction to go but I am glad I tried on the 20x10 because it really has made me reconsider going that direction.

I am also thinking about some XD Armors, anyone have them on their hummer? Also considering Rockstars but in a 22x10 or 22x12.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by H2zona; 01-16-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Well I ended up ordering some of the new KMC XD 809 wheels in a 20x10, just in case anyone was curious hahaha this thread is kinda dead....

Name:  xd809_black_zps3703a6ee.png
Views: 3422
Size:  113.6 KB

Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM

I think the tires look too small for the vehicle also. But you need a set of one of the following to counter the width issue. I am thinking about install them on mine I am running Toyo 37/135.-24's which rub by the way.

Hummer H2/SUT Fender Flares by Street Scene

Hummer H2 Wide Body Fender Flare Kit by E&G - Ready To Paint

Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM

37/13.5 24's I meant. I order a set of 2" wheel spacers so I can park the darn thing without tearing up a tire.

Quick Reply: 20x14 any one running them any problems?