Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

20x14 any one running them any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 AM

I like the hash marks on your fender...where did you get them?

Old 12-27-2012, 05:25 AM

Look at this picktures . the same rims but bigger taires and it looks nice
Garaget | Hummer H2 (2003)

Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM

Here's my opinion... I prefer narrower and taller tires i.e. 35"/12.50/17 or so... If I had to do it over again I would have 35's on 18" flat black powder coated wheels but this will have to wait until my recently purchased duratrac's wear out.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Anytime you put more weight on your wheel/tire assembly you will cause the hubs/idlar/pitman/brakes to wear faster. the more weight, the faster it wears. In my opinion its worth it if your offroading. Muddydogs ride is a perfect hummer I think.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM

My wife has 22"x14" Fuel Hostage wheels on hers with Toyo MT 35"x 12.5". They look great except that the tires look a little narrow. Maybe because I'm used to the 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's on mine. We went with 35" tires because anything larger will really affect mileage and power without changing gears. I'm guessing that my 40"x15.5" MT's are harder on components than her MT's. If you're worried about flinging mud all over your ride then Prius might be an option. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if you run stock or 40" MT's...your steering and suspension is doomed if you don't beef it up anyways. My wife's 05 went through hubs like crazy with stock tires and wheels while I stopped replacing hubs after buying the Kryptonite hubs. I found out a long time ago that you have to buy high quality parts or they wont last. I like the Fuel Hostage wheels and will probably replace my black XD Badlands with them.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 AM

Can you post some pictures of these tires you're talking about ....

Old 01-08-2013, 11:16 AM

I gotta say I've been really lucky with my bearings so far. haven't replaced em yet. I have replaced both upper control arms, idlar arm, pitman arm and lower bushings but no hubs yet. Just checked em when I aligned it friday and still no play. knock on wood.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 AM

I'll get some pictures today. I think the offset is different on my wheels than the ones you test fitted. Mine stick out some but I don't think they stick out as much as the ones you test fitted.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
I gotta say I've been really lucky with my bearings so far. haven't replaced em yet. I have replaced both upper control arms, idlar arm, pitman arm and lower bushings but no hubs yet. Just checked em when I aligned it friday and still no play. knock on wood.
On my wife's i have replaced the drivers side twice in a year and a half and need to replace it again but the right side hasn't had any problems. Usually when I needed to replace it I would buy the cheap ones because hers is the street queen and doesn't go off road, or I had to have it quickly and the parts store only had cheap ones. I bought the Kryptonite hubs from the DMax store for mine and they are holding up pretty well considering the abuse I put mine through.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Thanks for the replies. This Hummer will be mainly a street driven truck. I occasionally go up to the snow but I don't do any off roading.

Where do you get the Kryptonite hubs and what can one expect to pay for them.

I am also thinking about doing some 22x11 or 22x12 both with a 35 inch tire. I am sure the added weight of the 22 inch wheel will still put me in an area of problems in the future.

I would like to beef up the front end with some of those cognito arms and bushing. Will this help beef up the front suspension?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: 20x14 any one running them any problems?