Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2005 H2 Instrument / Dash Backlighting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Default Tbc?

Not being a mechanic, what's TBC stand for? I still have the problem--haven't been able to look at it because of a recent change in jobs. But thanks to MSHax, maybe I can finally fix it myself...if I know where to look.

TIA, Sam

Old 01-13-2016, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sam757
Not being a mechanic, what's TBC stand for? I still have the problem--haven't been able to look at it because of a recent change in jobs. But thanks to MSHax, maybe I can finally fix it myself...if I know where to look.

TIA, Sam
Truck Body Controller. 3 fuses in the cab's left side of the steering wheel fuse box and 1 power fuse in the engine bay's fuse box.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by madmike
Truck Body Controller. 3 fuses in the cab's left side of the steering wheel fuse box and 1 power fuse in the engine bay's fuse box.
Did anybody find the solution having the same trouble with my 03 just got a new cluster too cause my old one wouldn't come on sometimes, before my old one messed up completely the lights went off one day too and ever since then haven't been able to get them back on its been nearly 2years lol

Old 05-01-2016, 02:54 PM

Do you think the dimmer control switch could be the problem? My 03 has been experiencing dash light dimmer issues, when I place the light switch on auto position, my dash lights will stay all the way bright, using the dimmer control is useless, place the light switch on manual, the dimmer control works, sometimes, I have to play with the switch to get it to work properly. I'm going to try replacing the dimmer control switch to see if it solves this issue, also when messing with dimmer control I lose the dash lights until continued fiddling with switch finally brings back the dash lights.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by eddie4529
Did anybody find the solution having the same trouble with my 03 just got a new cluster too cause my old one wouldn't come on sometimes, before my old one messed up completely the lights went off one day too and ever since then haven't been able to get them back on its been nearly 2years lol
Update the 4wd controls don't work either neithervdo the ride height and track control but tow haul does at times the window controls on the driver side go out too anybody know what could be the problem is it the bcm itself ?

Old 07-14-2020, 01:06 PM

TBC 2B worked for me, I think it stands for To Be Confused. I wrote with a sharpie "Your Dash Lights" Thank you

Old 08-14-2021, 01:13 PM
Default Help: stuck in the middle of repair

Originally Posted by HeyBert
TBC 2B worked for me, I think it stands for To Be Confused. I wrote with a sharpie "Your Dash Lights" Thank you
Hey. So I’m currently trying to fix this issue with no luck. Sorry if this sounds dumb but what exactly is the repair here ? I have all the dash panels off and now I’m not sure what to do. I can see TBC 2B but it seems to be fine unless I’m missing something here. Thank you in advance

Old 02-04-2022, 10:38 AM
Default Instrument cluster

I know this is years later, but I'm sure others still have these issues. From what I've researched, there is no fuse for the cluster. If the backlight goes out (on my 03 h2, it is very dim now) I discovered that the whole cluster panel must be replaced. I rarely night drive, so I'll hold out until it goes out completely, but replacement is what we're looking at.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kimmie
I know this is years later, but I'm sure others still have these issues. From what I've researched, there is no fuse for the cluster. If the backlight goes out (on my 03 h2, it is very dim now) I discovered that the whole cluster panel must be replaced. I rarely night drive, so I'll hold out until it goes out completely, but replacement is what we're looking at.
Do you mean gauges or digital display (DIC)?

If it's gauges there's around 12 small filament lamps inside, these tend to burn-out. over time.

If you google "Hummer H2 Instrument Cluster lamp replacement" you'll find numerous examples of how to replace them ( instructables workshop has a feature on this)

If it's the digital display, there's not too much info about this, I do believe that there are some PCB resistors that degrade over time.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:42 PM

dim digital display is usually bad solder on the cluster pcb. resoldering tends to fix that.