Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2003 H2 ABS, TC, Service Brake System

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 12:58 PM
Default 2003 H2 ABS, TC, Service Brake System

Hi All,
As I was driving along one day, my dashboard ABS, TC and Service Brake System lights came on…. I found I needed new front brake pads, did them, topped off brake fluid, lights still on…. Bought and installed used ABS and hydronic ABS assembly… lights still on… but I noticed that the 4wd system works, goes into 4wd high lock, 4wd low all work, they didn’t before changing the ABS module and hydrolic system assemble….. any ideas on why those dash lights are on?

Old 12-14-2022, 01:07 PM

BTW, both front wheel speed sensors also replaced, up to $2500… lights still on?

Old 12-14-2022, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

MOVED from the New Member Section which is not for Tech Questions, just introductions.

Instead of throwing parts, how about you scan it (with a capable scanner) and post the code(s).

Old 12-14-2022, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Clydeyb
BTW, both front wheel speed sensors also replaced, up to $2500… lights still on?

STOP WASTING $$$$-SCAN & POST THE CODE(s)!

Old 12-15-2022, 06:03 AM
Default 2 Repair Shops so far

These repairs have been performed by 2 different repair shops!!!! I guess it’s hard to find good repair shops that are willing to take the time to investigate and troubleshoot the problems on an older vehicle??????

Old 12-15-2022, 07:39 AM

Go bye one of the local auto parts houses and see if they will scan your truck for the codes, then post them here so we can see and try and help.

The trucks diagnostic system should have the codes stored if the check engine light is on.

Neal

Old 12-15-2022, 10:19 AM

Certain problems can just be flat out money losers for mechanics. They have overhead and to remain profitable they always shoot for repairs that have a quantifiable amount of time. Certain things that might have multiple causes that can be difficult to troubleshoot are barely worth even messing with. Say you go for the mostly likely cause of an issue, replace parts, reset codes and send the customer on the way. A day later the code comes back. Now you have a customer who comes back pissed because you replaced some part that was potentially fine and their car is still not fixed and are blaming you (the mechanic for doing it wrong). Some issues can be extremely hard to determine the root cause like a bad wiring connection that is intermittent. Depending on when the issues presents itself it might point to a bad part when it was actually something totally unrelated to the actual part.

Some shops have a sales advisor when in reality the mechanic should have consulted the customer and explained this. Sorry customer but with this sort of issue I might spend 2 hours, I might spend 12 hours trying to determine the exact issue so I cannot give you any sort of actual estimate. For this level of service you generally need to find a smaller independent mechanic as many shops will simply not even touch it (except where they have a salesman who is going to take anything in regardless).

Old 12-15-2022, 12:40 PM
Default ABS / Brake lights

I had the same issue.... had to have ABS module rebuilt.... very easy.. take off, ship to: http://www.cheapabs.com/, and they ship it back. Problem solved.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:43 PM

as hummerz indicates, DTC codes are key, and a good diagnostic tool is a sound investment.

Old 12-16-2022, 10:29 AM
Default C0550

So I had the code read, it is C0550. This is the only code??

Quick Reply: 2003 H2 ABS, TC, Service Brake System