Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

06 hummer H2 shut off while driving

Old 02-20-2018, 10:06 AM

I had this issue on another vehicle, turned out to be a loose battery cable. Somewhere along the way the battery cables were replaced and were slightly larger at the connection to the battery post. They appeared to be fully tightened yet had just enough movement that caused the engine to die intermittently.

I would also double check the Crank Sensor, no loose or cut wires at the harness?

Last edited by mmesa005; 02-20-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by mmesa005
I had this issue on another vehicle, turned out to be a loose battery cable. Somewhere along the way the battery cables were replaced and were slightly larger at the connection to the battery post. They appeared to be fully tightened yet had just enough movement that caused the engine to die intermittently.

I would also double check the Crank Sensor, no loose or cut wires at the harness?
I replaced the crank sensor already and it shut off the next day

Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 AM

Well replaced the ignition switch on Saturday and ran fine on Sunday. Wife took it to work on Monday and it died twice. getting rid of this thing as soon as possible...

Old 03-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Default Update

So my local dealer told me to call GM customer service and start a ticket on my hummer, called and the person I talked to said they would help me anyway they can, they are going to call my dealer and get the paperwork from them about the hummer shutting off, she told me that it is a safety issue, I have my doubts that they are going to help me, stay tuned....

Old 03-07-2018, 07:13 AM

I'm thinking some electrical connector has a pin backing out or maybe the ECU has a bad solder joint on it?

Old 03-07-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I'm thinking some electrical connector has a pin backing out or maybe the ECU has a bad solder joint on it?

Thank you sir, I will look into it

Old 08-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Default 2004 H2 intermittently dies

Hi,
Your story sounds very similar to mine. Did you replace the ignition switch? Did it solve your problem? Or was it something else?

Old 08-01-2018, 08:07 PM

I just read all the posts. Any updates or did you get rid of the Hummer?

Old 09-04-2022, 05:46 PM
Default Same problem H2 coughs and dies while running

Looks like not ignition switch but maybe loose battery cables or alternator...starts up again immediately upon dying but will die when accelerator depressed rapidly or very far, so it is a bit of a safety issue.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by felixirppy
Looks like not ignition switch but maybe loose battery cables or alternator...starts up again immediately upon dying but will die when accelerator depressed rapidly or very far, so it is a bit of a safety issue.
I actually just posted yesterday the same thing with my 06. Same exact thing. And replaced the ignition switch also.
Was there any outcome? Intresting part with min is that my issues happen only when the main feed for the fuse panels are connected to the batter. Now threw the auto start battery saver thing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 hummer H2 shut off while driving