Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Every time I apply my break front passenger side gives a little snapping noise click

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Default Every time I apply my break front passenger side gives a little snapping noise click

Car noise coming from the front passenger side only happens when I make a stop gives one Sharp clack or snap click kind of noise I'm thinking maybe the brake pads or War down and they're sitting in their kind of sloppy and when I apply them they're given a quick snapshot before they go under pressure I'm not sure I don't think I have anything else wrong everything else is new one front anybody have any ideas or have had this happen before let me know and also it's not pulling to the last or to the right still seems to be staring fine no pulling under braking just makes annoys rate when I apply the brake for a Split Second

Old 07-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Butler
Car noise coming from the front passenger side only happens when I make a stop gives one Sharp clack or snap click kind of noise I'm thinking maybe the brake pads or War down and they're sitting in their kind of sloppy and when I apply them they're given a quick snapshot before they go under pressure I'm not sure I don't think I have anything else wrong everything else is new one front anybody have any ideas or have had this happen before let me know and also it's not pulling to the last or to the right still seems to be staring fine no pulling under braking just makes annoys rate when I apply the brake for a Split Second
sorry about the misspelled words I'm using voice text while I'm working and it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job I got to start reading these things before I post them

Old 07-08-2018, 10:06 AM

Are you sure you're not hearing the solenoid on the shifter as you press the brake?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Are you sure you're not hearing the solenoid on the shifter as you press the brake?
yeah I'm sure Iv owned my truck for quite a while now and it just started like 2 months ago other than when the noise happens there is no other symptoms no pulling no shaking no no rattling over bumps just that sharp click snap when I first touch the brake pedal pulling up to a stop sign

Old 07-10-2018, 07:13 AM

Will it make the noise if you are sitting still and apply the brake? That should determine if it's in the pedal mechanism or not.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Will it make the noise if you are sitting still and apply the brake? That should determine if it's in the pedal mechanism or not.
no it only happens as I'm approaching a stop while I'm rolling .. when I first tag to brake pedal it makes a little snap noise coming from the caliper area I'm thinking on the passenger side and that's it ..I'm assuming my pads are worn down and they're sitting in there a little sloppy and when I tag the brake pedal its making a quick snap noise.. I'm hoping that's what it is.. it does not do it while I am stationary and it will only do it once as I'm approaching a stop.. it won't do it repeatedly as I'm approaching the stop just the first initial step on the brake pedal

Old 07-11-2018, 08:08 AM

I think your correct, too much slop in the pad to caliper fitment. New pads and new shims should fix it. I have had great luck with Wagner Thermoquiet pads.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I think your correct, too much slop in the pad to caliper fitment. New pads and new shims should fix it. I have had great luck with Wagner Thermoquiet pads.
OK...thanks for the info I feel like I'm 80% sure that's what the noise is