PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military A/C SVO conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Default Military A/C SVO conversion

Has anyone added A/c To a military humvee? Cll gold has one, but it doesn't show a price. Any experience there?

Also, has anyone had experience converting either a military or civy truck to SVO as in goldenfuelsystems.com ?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Military A/C SVO conversion

ORIGINAL: dscaberboy

Has anyone added A/c To a military humvee? Cll gold has one, but it doesn't show a price. Any experience there?

Also, has anyone had experience converting either a military or civy truck to SVO as in goldenfuelsystems.com ?
I personally have never had experience converting a truck to SVO but someone is currently in the process of doing so and when completed he is going to post a tutorial of everything he did and when he does I will return give you the link because I am very interested in converting my rig as well.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Thanks. I'll look for it. I don't have my own H1 yet. I have spoken with Blair at used H1 once. He seems like a knowledgwable guy. My first impression is that he seems honest and fair. When I'm ready to buy, I'll definately see what he's got available.

Any thoughts on HMMWV vs H1? PROS AND CONS???

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM

HMMWV has a 24v supply(some have been converted to 12v) but yea being 24v means cant use those 12v appliances like lights, coolers, heater mugs, phone charges etc. Also a bit harder to find electrical parts for like general headlamps etc. but good side of the 24v is the winch and CTIS(if avail on your hmmwv) are sealed and dont have to worry about ruining themduring deep fording.
Also another down fall with HMMWV's are that they dont come with locks/ignitions something that you might want... And of course no creature comforts like cup holders etc but hey it might come with a m16 holder and that definately makes up for it! also without the creature comforts alot less to worry about if you get it deep in mud or water.
Another thing is the HMMWV's usually come with the 6.2 or 6.5 non turbos which are fine for city driving but sucks for highway also makes passing in the city kinda impossible as well... but then again alot less to go wrong right?
Also got to watch out for some HMMWV's some were from the marines etc and might have been exposed to salt water which definately is no good. but then again some civilian ones could have been exposed as well.
Also some HMMWV comes with the 12k drivetrain/frame which is a bonus for offroading and towing or even just to save some half shafts...

So all in all if you want a daily driver or a ride you drive often get a civilian one... if you want a ride to beat up on then get a HMMWV
Thats all i could think of off hand if i get any more ideas ill let you know

Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM

My H1 is being converted right now to veg oil by goldenfuelsystems.com in Ohio. It should be finished on Tuesday. I will leteverybody know how it goes. I'm not supermechanical, but I can posta drawing and tell you as much as I know. I also bought from Blair if you want my thoughts, send me an email kevin@watchover.com Nothing bad to report.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM

What was the cost on your conversion and how long did it take?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 AM

I'm told it will cost me $3,000 (not including transport of vehicle, airfare to Ohio, and taxi to Cleveland airport).
It will be 7 days as of today and still counting. I was told that it would be finished today, but I won't book a flight until it is 100% finished.
I'll post more details when I have them.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by dscaberboy

Good Day! dscaberboy,

Green My Fleets provides consulting for fleet owners on alternative fuel fleet conversions, alternative fuel manufacturing, and alternative fuel vehicle purchasing, including alternative fuel storage, dispensing and carbon credits.

For more information, please contact us at:

Green My Fleet
2840 W Bay Drive #261
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33756
Tel: 1-888-409-3666
Email: mlokey@greenmyfleet.com
GreenMyFleet | Alternative Fuel & Vegetable Oil Solutions | Green My Fleet