PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In for a H2 SUT... can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Default In for a H2 SUT... can you help?

HI everyone. Im brand to to the site just registered altough i have frequented here many times. Here is my dilemma. I am looking to buy a truck by next october... right before the winter starts up again. I am a registered nurse and need a good truck. Currently I won a 1997 corvette and a 1971 camaro.I am currently looking at the Hummer h2 SUT, ford f150 4x4, honda ridgeline, Jeep wrangler Unlimited (the four door model). Which is the most reliable? Which will see less amount of time at the mechanics? I know the gas mileage isnt too good on the hummer but thats not really a big concern of mine as i am willing to shell out the money for the gas being that work is about 15 minutes away from me all highway miles. Which gets best mileage. Is there any way to bump up the mpg on the hummer? Thats the only thing really keeping me from buying it. Perhaps a air intake would get better mileage and a chip repogram? any thoughts? Thanks for all your help. its greatly appreciated. hey you never know I might be taking care of you one day! lol

Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Default RE: In for a H2 SUT... can you help?

Jonathan,

Welcome to the board!

Couple of questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Are you planning on Towing with this new vehicle? If you dorule out the Jeep and Ridgeline--they both suck at towing
2. Do you want to go offroad? If so rule out the rule out the ridgeline and f150
3. If you are concerned about gas mileage rule out the HUMMER IMMEDIATLY. This vehicle is not a vehicle for the person who is looking for a "Low Cost of Ownership" Tires will run you about $2000 a set. It will wear on suspension parts faster as well than most vehicles.
4. If you want to Tow and go where others cannot and you have the $$ to get the H2 then get the H2 you will not be dissapointed. The Hummer is not a vehicle for everybody. Just for a select few who need something "Like Nothing Else"

Good Luck!!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 AM

SUT!!!!

That is ALL!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

There will reportedly also be a H3 SUT next year, available with the V8 like the current Alpha, that might be added to your list
when they can be checked out at the dealer? More mileage friendly??

Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM

Well gas mileage doesnt really bother me... I can afford the gas. I hear so many good things about the hummers. I am def. going to test drive a whole bunch of pickups this summer. What I want a truck for is DEF. a 4x4 all wheel drive for the winter time.. I wont really be going heay off roading but I would like to hit up some trails and go camping.I want a four door pickup. bed size doesnt really matter that much to me. So do you think the hummer is not what i need? I lvoe the way it looks over any of the other picukups i am looking at. Any ideas? thanks again for your help.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM

Seriously, make sure the SUT is the LAST ONE on your testdrive whirlwind!! Cause once you drive it, you WON'T WANT to test any other vehicle!! HONESTLY!!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 PM

It is no doubt IMO the SUT is the best looking vehicle out there with a truck bed. Hands down. I just worry for you as you also stated that you are looking for something that is the most reliable, better gas milage. If you are ok with having to take it in for wierd problems and okay with $90+ Tanks of gas and really really like the style and will actually use it for what it is designed for then you could not pick a better vehicle. Like I stated before the Hummer is not for anyone, just a select few who want something "Like Nothing Else"

Old 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM

If you want a fast truck or something else a cadillac escalade could be the answer...for me it was between the cadillac escalade, dodge ram srt-10, or the hummer H2 SUT and I am happy with my H2