PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Theft Deterrent Won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Default H3 Theft Deterrent Won't turn off

Three weeks ago, my fully loaded '06 H3 wouldn't start although when the ignition key was used to turn it on, the theft deterrent light would come on and the H3 would crank but that was it. Also the dash lit up light a Christmas tree and the radio went on and the shift would jump to 3rd gear from Park. The H3 was flatbedded to a Caddy dealership who said the fuel pump had to be replaced. 1000 bucks for the fix. Today I got into the H3 and it cranked ok but the same Theft Deterrent light kept blinking... and the engime wouldn't start. Does the The Theft Deterrent system shut off the fuel pump? Again it has to be looked at.... BTW OnStar said it could reprogram the alarm system but that didn't work. Any ideas or suggestions? And was I taken to the cleaners 3 weeks ago? Thanks in advance for your input! Broke in Erie
joefromnj@hotmail.com

Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 PM

well putting on those shoes/high heels might be a bad idea but you could always trade it in for an h2

Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Default ignition switch replacement

Originally Posted by joefromerie
Three weeks ago, my fully loaded '06 H3 wouldn't start although when the ignition key was used to turn it on, the theft deterrent light would come on and the H3 would crank but that was it. Also the dash lit up light a Christmas tree and the radio went on and the shift would jump to 3rd gear from Park. The H3 was flatbedded to a Caddy dealership who said the fuel pump had to be replaced. 1000 bucks for the fix. Today I got into the H3 and it cranked ok but the same Theft Deterrent light kept blinking... and the engime wouldn't start. Does the The Theft Deterrent system shut off the fuel pump? Again it has to be looked at.... BTW OnStar said it could reprogram the alarm system but that didn't work. Any ideas or suggestions? And was I taken to the cleaners 3 weeks ago? Thanks in advance for your input! Broke in Erie
joefromnj@hotmail.com

please see pic attached . Many h3 2006 owners are replacing their ignition switch which triggers the Passlock to become active for 10 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails H3 Theft Deterrent Won't turn off-img_1721.jpg