NEW EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTACT INFO

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Default RE: NEW EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTACT INFO

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

That is ridiculous. I am amazed that GM thinks they can jerk you around like this.
Apparently they CAN...and they DO! [:@] IF I don't receive my paperworkcontaining the stated agreement andwithin the time I wasgiven -now that I have complied with GM, I am going to stop threatening and start taking action legally and travel every channel I can think of. The shame of the matter is I was finally confident that we had settled the issue and that GM was going to make this right..UNTIL that phonecall yesterday which was ended with a "We'll touch base with you again next week." Don't touch base with me - just send me my friggen paperwork and be done with it!!!!!!
You should be sure to mention that you are posting details of your experiences to a Hummer owner site, and that the damage they are doing to their reputation is going far beyond the trouble they are having making one customer happy.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Oh, I don't think they really care Lil HB. THAT'S pretty darn obvious!And who else here really cares other than those of us who have suffered the problem? What are my posts going to do? Stop people from buying them? (Particularly when everyone is under the guise that it's only the vin range of these 06's that are supposedly affected.) Make others want to run out and get rid of theirs? Nah I dont think so. Frankly in reality I think this is just a place for me to vent about the whole thing and at this point, I doubt whether many even read my posts....

Old 04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Denny! I'm not exactly holding my breath lol [&:]
GM called me 2 days ago just to "touch base" and let me know my paperwork should come in a couple weeks and everything was all hunky dory. GM calls today and said they wanted to "offer me 5,000 more miles added onto what we agreed upon...AND KNOCK OFF 2 years!!!!!!" WHAT A FKG JOKE! I have never seen such BS in my life!!! And I am about done messing with them.
Sarah; maybe you should try to get in touch with the GM of Hummer. I'm sure once he hears what's going on with his brand he'll get things done for you through GM. That's what I would do if I was in your position. I can see if I can get some contact info if you'd like. He apparently is a really nice guy and loves his company and his job.

The other rediculous thing is now one person on here, ccmdoc I think is his name, is having the same problem on his '07 3.7L which is a different engine, and another new user posted yesterday that his underpowered '07 H3 has very rough idle and has no power with more people in the car. Hmmmm. Here's the link:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_58502/tm.htm

If you do get in touch with him, I would also bring up that you aren't the only person this BS is happening to. Maybe he just doesn't know how big the problem is.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM

Mikey, I don't know of whom you are talking about. You don't mean that "GM" personthat made several innocuous posts awhile back and then wouldn't answer anyone's questions? You don't think he reads these posts?Or, that a "head of Hummer" isn't aware of the problems we are having?Sure send contact info, not sure what good it will do. At this point, while I love my H3, I am so disgusted with the whole matter that it has taken a great deal of joy out of ownership. (And for those whoare thinking well then get rid of it - we all paid a good bit of $ for these vehicles and I for one am not prepared to just ditch it, take a bath on it financiallyand start the whole new car buying process all over again within less than a year of having done it once already.)Had it just been the head problem, I wouldn't have been so bent out of shape as it was fixed and runs OK now (IF they had just done what they should have and given me the extended warranty right off the bat)- it's the BS phone calls once sometimes twice weekly with no resolve, then just when I think we have reached resolve -then it'sthe broken promises, and the jerking around I have suffered for almost 6 months now. It sure doesn't seem like anyone else has run into this problem here.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:05 PM

I read your post involving warranty issues, and they bug me. I can "forgive" GM for having "mechanical" or build issues. I don't like it, but, can accept the fact that parts break, sometimes engineers goof, or 3rd party manufacturers cut corners. But in all of these cases it is how the seller backs up their product that determines the "value" of the product. While GM repaired your truck, they then offered a warranty to you and should have honored it. Even if the offer was made in error, or was not typical of what they normally offered, they need to make good. The way in which you have outlined GM's dealing with you in this case make GM look extremely poor in my eyes, and while I have not had any issues with mine yet, and am happy with the product, in the unfortunate event I have a problem, I am going to be all over GM and not so easy going. As well, I will be sure to let others know of my experience as well. Over time, poor customer service will come back to bite you in the butt. And with GM losing market share to companies like Toyota, bad press will not help. So keep us informed, and don;t let GM run you over (not that I think you are going to lay down at all!).

Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Check your PM's Sarah