Head and valve issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HEAD AND VALVE ISSUE

You too huh? I hate going in there now because of that. I tell them "my cell phone account is free" and that usually shuts them up

Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM

This is a first time post and I usually don't weigh in on these things but I have had my 06 H3 for 6 months and have had bad battery issues that resulted in the H3 having to be towed into the dealership. I was told that GM had a "bad batch of batteries".

Currently, the H3 has been at the dealership service department for 2 weeks "waiting on parts from GM" for a problem with the head/misfire/gasket...I was just called and was told the parts won't be available until March 20 since this is "a national problem for GM". If I even get the parts by then, the car will have been sitting idle for approx. 2 months while I continue to pay for it. This dealership alone has at least 7 H3s affected. I am in Atlanta.

Not acceptable. I'm sending a similar email to my attorney.

Good luck, everybody.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Perfect example of when people post...

If they are giving you a loaner car while your's is held up...then really they are meeting your needs for transportation in the mean time...Usually they give you a comperable type car..like another HUMMER....So I'm not lawyer, but I can see that you might not have a leg to cry foul on...

PS; you don't want to pissoff the dealer..it ain't their fault and they will do you a better repair job if you pretend to act cordial..

Good luck

Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Just some more information on this. The cylinder head backorder problem is getting better and heads are coming in faster. The bad news is the head gasket is on back order and is schueduled for release the week of 2/19. I have not heard anything on going into march 20 on this.

I agree with Dennis you need to have the dealer on your side and it does no good to bark at them. I work for a cadillac/hummer dealer and it always goes better if the customer is decent to us. Steve

Old 02-13-2007, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Perfect example of when people post...
Awwww now...it brought me here in the 1st place....but now I just keep turnin up (kinda like a bad penny) and you can't shut me up! HAHAHAHA

Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Yeah...But you're the kinda penny I'd like to squeeze...Affectionately of course[sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Debdoc never said they were upset with the dealer or pointed the blame at them, he/she just was stating what their experience is or was

Old 02-13-2007, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Debdoc never said they were upset with the dealer or pointed the blame at them, he/she just was stating what their experience is or was
Mike...How galant of you...

But I never said Debora was in the dealer's face or anything of the sort...The PS on my part was to only fore warn her not to get irate with them as many people do when they're frustrated with their car in for service and it's taking a while waiting on parts...

Had you been the true gentleman you pretend to be, you would'vehelped her out with some advise, and not come stormin in here like a knight in shinning armor with a bent sword.[sm=bicker.gif]..

Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well Well touche my friend. I, in fact, am a Gentlemen, and even after two LONG years of marriage, still hold the door open for my wife, open the door as if I was a limo driver for her on the H3, and offer more wit in charm then any other automobile-hypocondriac Hummer driver out there

You are correct my friend in your statement. I have dealt with 3 dealers, all of which I have treated very well, because they are there to help you, and most of them genuinely want to. It's definitely not their fault, and maybe not even GM's fault, that these parts are going bad. It's ultimately the manufacturer of the parts in question that is to be held responsible, and most likely GM probably switched vendors for those parts and has been waiting for the new batch. I think dealers' service departments get alot of unwarranted complaints and trouble from people who blame them directly for the problem.

But you have to admit,that is a LONG time to go without your car, and if they don't give you another H3 or better as a loaner, you should get compensated, because she has a point. You are paying for a vehicle you can't drive, so if they give you a Caddy or some other vehicle, that shouldn't be acceptable. You pay for a Hummer, you should get one in it's place. I understand her frustration. (Although, I surely didn't mind theSTS I had )

Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM

[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Quick Reply: Head and valve issue