Torsion lift - Pics and How To

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:56 AM

So from what I can gather from this thread is te ride height can be adjusted with the stock components of the H3? I was about to buy a leveling kit but I guess it ain't needed ...

I'm going to do mine this weekend! I hate how it sits low in the front it looks terrible ...

Old 09-17-2011, 07:18 PM

Before and after pics ... and for those of you wanting to do this, it took me about 10 minutes and that included driving the truck in and out of the garage and drinking 2 cans of bourbon.

I don't have 2 pics in the same location but you can see how dramatically the front end has lifted.

Before:

After:

Old 09-26-2011, 04:54 PM

looks good... i know this is for the front .. can you do the back of the truck and instead of raising the back like you do the front, bring the back down to match the front ride height?

thanks

Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
rsc

I had a mild leveling to 23.25 inches but after adding a factory brush guard and a 3inch over shackle in the back the front dipped back down to 22.25 inches. I noticed that cranking it back up to 23.5 inches took different turns on each side (1 turn more on the left). I'm driving it around to let it settle in and notice that alignment is a hair off even from the 1/4" lift, mostly noticed as a hair less straight line stability. I may go back down to 23.25 like I was before for commuting and just crank for the trails to save wear on the CV joints. I really like a slightly raked look but hate looking out the back window and just seeing sky!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by bigbizbill
looks good... i know this is for the front .. can you do the back of the truck and instead of raising the back like you do the front, bring the back down to match the front ride height?

thanks
There isn't a way to just crank a bolt and raise/lower the rear. You have to add different length shackles or put blocks under the axle. Either way you will lose ground clearance and spend more money than just "screwing up" the front.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 PM

I'm looking at a leveling kit for my h2 & have been told I can do this to it...thank you for the right up...I think I'm gonna try this...

Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM

Thanks RSC.. i got new tires and rims today and im just going to raise the front a bit as suggested here... thanks for the info...

Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 AM

Awesome thread, can't wait to do mine. Thanks to all!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM

How high can you actually make the front just by torsion bar adjustment? If you were to go up like 3" would that be too much stress or anything?

Old 11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bruceg
How high can you actually make the front just by torsion bar adjustment? If you were to go up like 3" would that be too much stress or anything?
This thread answers your question.

It is not about how much you can lift your H3. You can adjust the T Bars so that you are at a max of 24" from hub center to fender lip (personally IMHO that is too far). Mine is at 23.3".

Once you get to about 24" (23.6-24"+) you mess with the half-shaft angles and suspension geometry, your handling etc.

So, if your truck currently sits at 20" hub center to fender, yes you could, but we know it doesn't. Do a SEARCH on this topic. There are volumes of discussion on what is the max height and why.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 12-01-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Torsion lift - Pics and How To