General Hummer Talk Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

So, What is the BEST Car Wash Soap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default So, What is the BEST Car Wash Soap?

What do you guys use?

The last couple jugs I bought were Meguiar's Deep Crystal Wash and I am almost out. Picked them up when on sale, so the price was good, but there ain't nothin' special about that stuff. It foams, works good, but I have had better in the past. I have used Armor All, Turtlewax Zip Wax, Mothers, some of the cheapo store brands, like the old Murray's Auto, O'Reilly's etc.... Think I am going with Meguiar's Gold Class next, but pipe in if you found something you think is the berries.

Thanks and TGIF.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:44 AM

I don't wash my H3 I prefer the offroad appearance. If I were to choose, mequiars or mothers. Both meguiar's ultimate & gold, are solid 5stars on amazon(thousands of ratings there). Look here for ratings, linked to amazon: The 9 Best Car Wash Soaps

Old 08-20-2021, 06:51 PM

I've used theMaguires before. I ran across this Chemical Guys ceramic that is hands down the best I've used. I also ordered their off road 4x4 soap but haven't used it yet because I'm just amazed with the ceramic products they offer , I ordered straight from them but also found it at Advanced auto, their website has tons of auto cleaning supplies

Old 08-20-2021, 10:21 PM

Whatever they use at the drive through cause this thing is to big to hand wash on the regular. Only do that once in awhile to spray on wax it and detail the plastics.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:10 PM

I use Chemical Guys Honeydew soap. It's for foam cannons but I just use it with a bucket and a grit guard. I use all Chemical Guys stuff. Did a huge cut and buff with all their stuff on my 2 and took away the GM infamous orange peel

Old 08-21-2021, 09:46 PM

Duragloss.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM

dawn dish soap.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:36 PM

About a year and a half ago I started using the stuff from The Last Coat. So far I'm super impressed. The soap if fine, works great but the TLC2 coating is fantastic. I've tried a few of the lower end ceramic based coatings prior and they were all pretty terrible. TLC2 is stupidly easy to apply. No it does not last like a $1000 pro applied top of the line ceramic coating but for DIY it lasts for a good 4 to 6 months. I can literally coat my entire H2 in about 30 minutes and that uses about 1oz. You also apply it to literally everything on the exterior including the windows (similar to RainX on the glass but even better). They do have a better version (not for use on everything) that supposedly lasts even longer. I have not tried it but they are blowing it out at 30% off right now because they got sued over the name.... so they are selling off all stock already labelled at a discount before they start selling it with a new name at the end of the month.

Last edited by MixManSC; 08-28-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Circling back around.

So I have some Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash, and it's as expected maybe a bit better than the Deep Crystal Wash, but nothing to jump up and down about. Does what car wash is supposed to.

Then I had a $10 off deal from Advance Auto so I decided to try Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax few weeks back. Some reviewers obviously did NOT read the instructions, but what I gathered was it was not the stuff to wash off extreme crud, like after a day of wheeling. If you use it, the car shouldn't be crazy dirty, just regular dirty?

Anyways, I pre cleaned my gal's Buick wheels and lower half crud, then mixed up the Ceramic Wash & Wax per the instructions, 3 gallons in bucket, 3oz Wash, .5oz Ceramic Boost. Way more than needed for one vehicle, so washed the 3 and the Buick. WOW! That stuff is crazy, and I did not have the recommended Meguiar's Hybrid Wash Mitt or Drying Towel, just use my microfiber wash Mitt and Absorber Dry Towel. Crazy water beading, slick surface, later road dirt nearly disappears after a rain when parked. Seams to last pretty long as well. Had to put the Hybrid Wash Mitt and Drying Towel on my Xmas list. If they actually make this stuff work better, I found my go to detail Car Wash! The stuff smells good too.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:39 PM

there hybrid ceramic wax works well too