PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing H2 roof rails

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Default Removing H2 roof rails

[&:]Please explain in detail how I go about removing the complete roof rail assembly.I was attempting to loosen the tightning **** when the shaft snapped.I noticed all of the ***** where seized and needed a pipe wrench to back them off.Guess what, the last one snapped! Is it common nfor these ***** to seize up?How do lube these and what would you use so this doesn't happen again.Sure hope GM sells just the ****.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Default RE: Removing H2 roof rails

There is a set of stops at the rear portion of each track. You'll need to remove a clip that holds each stop and then slide the racks all the way to the back to work them out of the tracks.

FYI, the stops in the back have one clip in the far rear (where this is a tab you push towards the front of the vehicle to release) and one that requires a screw driver to release. The latter is on the outside, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way towards the front.

Then, repeat on the other side and presto, your rails will slide right back and pop out.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Default RE: Removing H2 roof rails

There is a product called "CorrosionX" You can find it on the Internet. It is the best anti-corrosion stuff I have ever used. It will loosen seized things and keep them from seizing in the future. It comes in regular and heavy duty, I would get both. The heavy duty is thicker and is great for certain applications.It can be sprayed directly on electrical connections without shorting them out.Like trailer connectors for example. The only downside I know is it does have a slight odor.

I have no connection with product, just a big fan!