PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaky H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Default Leaky H3

I have a 2006 H3 that is leaking like crazy into the passenger seat floorboard. I cant figure out where the water is coming from. Its not the AC cause it started this winter and it only happens in the rain. Everything looks tight and I took a water hose to it but couldnt get it to leak. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 AM

You checked the sun roof?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 AM

I havent noticed it leaking around the sunroof. Could the water make its wasy to the floorboard without a visible leak?

Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM

Yes, it's the sunroof drains that get clogged, search around on here & you'll find several post on it w/ tips to clean them out

Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM

Man I feel your pain... I hate water leaks!! Unfortunately it could be one or many things. I would start with the sunroof for sure. That seems to be most peoples problems.
My 05 ZR2 had many leaks and it drove me crazy. First one was the sunroof drains being clogged. Next was the seal on the rear roof brake light. Water was coming in and building up in the headboard then after about a week of rain, I would hit the gas a swooosh a gallon of water would come pouring out of the headboard.
The last leak had your symptoms. I was constantly getting soaked front passenger side floor. After what felt like a billion trips to the dealer they found the leak and it was coming in through the rear passenger side fender wall somehow and running down under the carpet to the lowest point being the front passenger floor.

Good luck! Those leaks are actually what caused me to leave the ZR2 at the dealer and drive home in my H3T.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Default Same issue

This past Monday I dropped off my 2008 H3 Alpha at Hummer of Orlando for the same reason. I had standing water on the passengers side from two days of continuous rain. They will modify the front and rear drain tubes to increase water flow...according to the service writer. My friend's H3 had the same issue 8 months ago and he hasn't had any problems with his sunroof's updated drain system.

If the drain tubes clog again, I will remove the carpet and ride with bare metal floors and floor mats. I actually did that for a month but my wife complained about the noise! It sure was easy to keep the inside clean....I just used my air compressor and Viola! :>)

Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM

That's one thing I miss about my Rubicon, doggone floor drains made life easy.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info. I blew out the drains and found that the tube had come loose behind the glove box. The plug was from there down and the pressure blew the tube from the fitting. I blew that out hooked the tube back up and all is well. Thanks again for the help.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Unhappy leaky h3

i am a new member, with the same problem except when i took it to the dealer the sun roof will not open, it seems that the water lying in the channel has corroded and frozen the sun roof or mabey the motor, its quite a bill to fix. any thoughts ? thank you