PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought an 03 H2, have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Default Just bought an 03 H2, have a few questions.

We just bought a ’03 Hummer H2 with the Adventure Package.

It has 2 issues I can use some help with.

Issue 1) Air inflates but won’t deflate. On the dash I can push the ride height button and the light blinks then goes solid. This tells me it is fully inflated.
I can push the button again and it blinks then goes out, like it deflated. But NO, the bags are still fully inflated. I can take the fuse out and it will slowly leak out the air, then the H2 sits level again. Put the fuse in and the bags fully inflate, *** is now high.
Any ideas?

Issue 2) when setting the seat memory or the exit button the owners manual says it should "chime" but I do not hear the chime. Also the On Star comes on (light is on, or I can make it blink) but no sound.
This H2 has an after market radio/dvd/backup camera. Does the chime and the On star need to run through the stock radio?

Thanks so much for your help

Bob

Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 PM

ill take a couple of jabs at this...

for the air ride issue....

now are you pushing the button to raise the back end up, or is this something else?

the ride height button does nothign for you if you go above 20 mph. unless im wrong here, but that is only really for clearing obstacles and such at low lvl speeds.

now for the air ride.. that should keep your read end level, or at a level during normal operations.

when you park some where and get out of the vehicle.. all doors closed and everything.. you you hear a clicking sound as it slowly lets air out of the tank?

as for the other issue..if there is a ftermarket radio installed, chances are the previous owned did not have the harness with on star installed. that is about a $100 part, where as a reg harness is alot cheaper.

im not sure if the memory buttons are tied into that, but chances are it prolly is, and this is the reason you are not hearing any beeps.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Default questions

Thanks hellzarmy

That is kinda what I thought on the radio.

For the Air you hit it on the mark.

I put the H2 in Low lock, and then the button on dash works fine, up and down.

I did not know it had a self leveling system

Thanks

Bob

Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 AM

Congrats on the new H2.
I have a 2004 H2 and was told by the dealership that onstar is obsolete on the 03's and 04's because they can't be upgraded from analog to digital. If anyone has heard differently then please speak up.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by amp88
Congrats on the new H2.
I have a 2004 H2 and was told by the dealership that onstar is obsolete on the 03's and 04's because they can't be upgraded from analog to digital. If anyone has heard differently then please speak up.
I was told by OnStar that they can change out the analog one and add a digital box, but you'd have to pay a hundred or two?? Can't remember how much??

Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by HummBob
I was told by OnStar that they can change out the analog one and add a digital box, but you'd have to pay a hundred or two?? Can't remember how much??
HummBob!

Its 300 and some odd dollars. I had my 03 upgraded.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by BIGT2148
HummBob!

Its 300 and some odd dollars. I had my 03 upgraded.
You think with their business being slow they'd throw in the digital terminal with a signed year or 2 contract.....