PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi I just bought a H3 got a few Questions!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Default Hi I just bought a H3 got a few Questions!?!?!

Hello all, I just sold my wifes Nissan Murano that was a pain, and got a H3 2006 Hummer. It has 42K miles, I beleive its a base model (no leather)

A few Questions? First off where the heck is the cruise control? and second, when the left blinker is on it flashes alot slower than the right? Is this a relay/fuse issue?

One last thing....we have to slam one of the doors super tight, otherwise a open door light comes on on the speedo.

I dont have a manual, but thats because the previose owner traded it in and kept it.

Im a tuner at heart, I have a 06 Subaru Sti thats built and this is my first SUV thats american, so I hope to get some answers and pointers....Thanks!

Old 10-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. The cruise control is in the turn signal stalk. Engage is in the end, on/off on a thumbswitch on the side facing you. Check all your bulbs in the blinker that flashes faster. This usually indicates a burned out bulb. The "Doors" indicator are controlled by the door jamb switch on the 4 doors and the tailgate. Apparently the door you have to slam hard to get it to turn off is not depressing it far enough. Could be a problem with the switch. Try putting a little piece of fairly thick 2 face tape on the door where it hits the plunger on the switch. That is a quick fix if the switch is okay and the door is out of adjustment. Manuals are downloadable off the web. Do a search on this forum and every question you could come up with has already been discussed. Enjoy

Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM

I agree with RKsmith

Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned
Default caution

i was new to 4wd when i got my h3,you may know this now. stay out of hi/lo,lock modes on pavement

use only on wet/loose surfaces

its ez to bump a lock button and not know. go into lock when stopped,in neutral,till u get a book

tell your wife twice daily!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM

How do I have the alarm make a sound when I press the lock button? It works (lights flash to indicate its locked) but makes no sound? Is this even possible?

ALso what is the CAT button on the stereo?

And is onstar free? How come I cant use blue tooth with my 06 H3? I asked onstar they said I can only use their calling system but need to buy units?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Banned
Default 1, download the manual

i didnt keep track of it,someone will help. try hummer manuals

on* costs, blue should work, u must "pair"it to your fone. and learn how to master it! if u have it

u can program the obnoxious horn beep for lock/unlock if you need to impress the neighberhood.

cat is for category on satellite radio if u have it, it costs, i hear some chizel the price down to 48/yr. btw i thot sat was commercial free,,not

Last edited by drtom; 10-28-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by oman
How do I have the alarm make a sound when I press the lock button? It works (lights flash to indicate its locked) but makes no sound? Is this even possible?

ALso what is the CAT button on the stereo?

And is onstar free? How come I cant use blue tooth with my 06 H3? I asked onstar they said I can only use their calling system but need to buy units?
Do a search to find procedure to make the horn sound when you use the remote. It has been posted several times on this forum.
Onstar is not free and only the 09's and 10's have factory installed Bluetooth.
You can download GM owners manuals from gmownercenter@yahoo.com All you have to do is register.