PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High-Gloss black and/or chrome spray paint.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default High-Gloss black and/or chrome spray paint.

I need some super high-gloss spray paint for a few parts of the truck I'm painting. I want something that will dry smooth and reflective if possibly, almost like black chrome (Don't even go there Nick ). I will be applying it to a few parts that are powder-coated, and one part that is plastic, but not high-heat areas. If anybody has any suggestions or experience with paint I can get this affect with, I'd appreciate it.

The other thing is chrome paint. I have seen it but have never used it. I'm not looking for it to be perfect, but I am looking for paint that will dry as chrome, if that even exists. I was always told it doesn't look that great, but I don't care if it does, because this is something that will be getting dirty, but I want to chrome a few plastic pieces. Again, if anybody knows or has experience with any kind of spray-on chrome paint (not silver paint) let me know.

I want to get these parts painted tomorrow while the weather is still in the high 70's and theres no humidity. There are plenty of high-gloss paints but I want one that is going to dry so shiney it creates almost a mirror affect, if they even make paint that glossy. Thanks people.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Default RE: High-Gloss black and/or chrome spray paint.

Take the parts off or your rig to a body shop and have them paint them with some high gloss car paint..

Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

The parts are already off and sitting on the floor of my garage, but I don't have the money to get it done professionally. I want to do the best with what I have, which is basically enough to buy paint

Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM

i COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND...GOOD LUCK...

Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Don't worry Dennis.... It won't be as bad as you think it will (and hopefully as bad as I hope it won't be................................)

Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM

What parts????

Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM

There is a paint called Metalcast. AZ has it, but not sure of what all colors. It would give you the finish you want.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I actually had it in my hands yesterday, but instead bought this other stuff instead that actually turned out pretty good. It's glossier then before but doesn't have that chromey look I was going for, but it doesn't matter because the point was to get rid of all of the scratches and color fades. It takes 7 days for this stuff to cure so I'm just goign to leave the nerf bars in my garage until next Saturday. I bought some REAL chrome paint and am going to paint the plastic steps chrome. After those are both done, I'm going to apply a coat of glossy clear coat to both of the bars. My garage is pretty clean so there's no dust or anything in there. It's making the perfect place to paint. There is no dust or dirt on the one I have done so far. I hope it stays that way.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Mike here is a link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Prin...x?id=107881838

Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Real F'ing funny

I think you confused your garage interior paint with the link you posted. Didn't you mean to post this on the "Man and Mid-life Crisis" forum you administer?