PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock radio swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Default Stock radio swap?

I bought a 6disc radio from a member on here. Well, I called my dealership the other day to see aboutbringing it by and getting it reprogrammed, as I alreadyinstalledit and it is currently locked. I was told that their "techs" had never reprogrammed a radio, but I needed to schedule an appointment, drop it off and it would be $94.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this done recently, what did you get charged, and is there any other way to unlock the radio besides going throughthe dealership.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Stock radio swap?

When I did that in my pontiac...the radio was locked, and all I did was call Pontiac and they gave me the unlock code and procedure.....it was really easy.....You may want to call another dealer or call into Hummer CA......

Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM

I couldn't tell you how well this will works, just did a search and this came up.

http://www.sjsincorporated.com/GM%20...k%20Codes.html

THINK PINK WITH YOUR ROTM VOTE[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-26-2008, 04:52 PM

hey solarflare
when it's convenient can you do me a favor? I just got my stock nav replaced and its acting a little funny... when I park and take out the keys (door still shut) the nav dvd sounds like its still spinning or running. It's only til after I open the driver door that the spinning sound slowly filters away. Does your nav system do this? any insight would be great.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 PM

jpac4lyf.....
I haven't heard it on my H3, but my Charger would do that all the time......once you opened the driver door you could hear the disc spin down, until it stopped.......I'll listen more carefully tomorrow when I open the door. It probably does it to, and I just haven't noticed it.....

I have to go out and take pics of my new ride!!!!
I worked all day on it.....put side steps on, rear fender protection, and some decals......

Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: BKNBLCK

I bought a 6disc radio from a member on here. Well, I called my dealership the other day to see aboutbringing it by and getting it reprogrammed, as I alreadyinstalledit and it is currently locked. I was told that their "techs" had never reprogrammed a radio, but I needed to schedule an appointment, drop it off and it would be $94.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this done recently, what did you get charged, and is there any other way to unlock the radio besides going throughthe dealership.
You @#$$%@!!.....You bought my radio didn't you? [:@]

That explains why I never heard anything back from the guy.

BTW: That programming price is better than what I got quoted. I was dragging my feet on the deal trying to find a cheaper place to have it done. Seems like everyone around
here wants an hour labor, minimum.

Do me a favor and let us know what exactly they have to do to burn the VIN into it
and if it has to be mounted or can it be done on the bench.

Thanks.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 AM

Found on the internet:

if you have a rds radio the 1&2 of 3&4 presets wont work it has to be hooked up to a hand held computer at the dealer. it should say rds on the face of the radio near the display .

if not you have to hold the pre-set buttons for a few seconds it had a situation that it wouldn't work unless the vehicle was running. maybe dumb luck i don't know.

anyway if you can get the code write it down

call 1800-537-5140 when the recording begins
press 106010 then * it will ask for your code
enter your code followed by *

it will give you your unlock code.[/align]

Or:

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock†your radio and then “re-lock†it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try againâ€

09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked†and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

Report back if it works.

If it works, Gunner, please take video of you kicking yourself.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:11 AM

I tried lastnightto unlock it but I can't find a way to do it. The "2&3 and 1&4" button trick won't work.Even though it doesn't say it on the outside, they are all RDS radios now.

I did get the radio to work. Thing is it will work with the key in the acc. position thefirst time you plug it up, but once you turn the key all the way on, it goes to lock and stays that way until you unplug it again.

It's off to get hosed by the dealership later this week then. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Gunner...I bought the one out of Canada....there was till one for sale on here in Atlanta for the same price.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Little late here...but my dealer charged me $90 to reprogram the radio...even though
they admitted it didnt take nearly the hour they charged me for...

Oh well...

Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 PM

Mine is on it's way.............I got the atlanta one.