PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No XM when selecting band?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Default No XM when selecting band?

I had been able to hit the band button on the radio and get the XM1 and XM2 frequencies up until a few days ago. I don't subscribe to XM radio, but I use the XM1 band to play my ipod so I'm curious as to why it doesn't come up anymore. I haven't done anything to the radio or anything recently so I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 AM

You have an aftermarket "thingy" behind the radio that allows you to use the xm platform as a conduit. It may need to be replaced. I had a cheap one in our first HE and it would happen quite often. Just disconnect the battery and it should reset everything.

Took that cheap sucker out and put in a nice one from PAC and haven't had an issue yet. 5 years and 5 HUMMERs later.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 PM

I'll give it a shot. It's a USA Spec ipod interface. Is there a better one that works with the factory 6CD radio and monsoon system? I think I went through this with my first one before I found an OEM NAV and got the GM PAL which worked great, but OEM nav's are hard to come by and I don't want to replace it with aftermarket.Thanks for the help!

Ben