PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New headlight and fog light assemblies??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Default New headlight and fog light assemblies??

Hey all, I am looking for some new headlight and fog light assemblies.
The actual housing, not the bulbs.

Anyone have a place where you can get them cheap. I don't care if they are aftermarket or GM parts.

I haven't had luck finding them on my own, so i ask the forum....

Thanks!!!

Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 AM

I tried two different solutions, not happy with either. Went LoJac's route for mine, got the non-DOT approved Chinese lights, three rows of round LEDs top to bottom, plus two rows of DRLs, one top, one bottom. They work well and certainly light things up, but the round housings reflect the light up pretty drastically. Had a guy last night in front of me in a pickup shining a very bright LED flashlight in his outside mirror back at me! I backed way off because, you know, country boys, guns, and stupidity.

For my wife's I bought Retro Solutions GEN6 LED bulbs. Again, they throw good light but the placement of the LEDs with the H2's headlamp capsule reflector causes all kinds of weird light patterns, including a sort of black hole effect on high beam. Bought similar bulbs for my daughter's Titan and they work great, so figured I try them on the wife's H2. They are separate high and lo beam though.

Just got off the phone with Retro Solutions and they are saying the single hi/lo bulb won't work with the H2's housing. Would have been nice to know before spending the money. Their site is not vehicle-specific though, so I guess it's my fault. At least they said they will take them back and give me store credit. Don't know if opening the headlamp buckets, removing the reflector and painting the chrome inside black would help. Probably still throw funky patterns.

For now it's back to the "Ole Yeller"'s till I can figure out what to do. I watched this video for options but it gets pricey. https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...und-headlights
Good luck.

Last edited by flyday58; 11-28-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: remove MEBS
Old 11-28-2016, 01:07 PM

Not sure if by fog lights you meant driving lights. If so, I bought some on Amazon that are original. Look up General Motors, LAMP, 15258697 on Amazon or Ebay.

Tim

Old 11-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Trucklite phase 7 is a great headlamp. I have two in mine.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Trucklite phase 7 is a great headlamp. I have two in mine.
Me too, i love them.
But if you're feeling really adventurous, how about dropping a pair of these in complete with headlight washers...

https://www.drive2.com/l/6849026/

(this is a friends old H2 here in Moscow)

Old 11-30-2016, 09:29 AM

jsbihn, was this covered in your previous post?

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...08/#post339573

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Me too, i love them.
But if you're feeling really adventurous, how about dropping a pair of these in complete with headlight washers...

https://www.drive2.com/l/6849026/

(this is a friends old H2 here in Moscow)
His set up is really, really clean...
Thos headlight washers are on my to-do list. It's crazy that auto makers haven't made this a standard. I'm tempted to do that mod for the fog lights, too.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:12 AM

Synthe...
I can see how you can wonder but I am asking two different questions

first post i was asking about a full replacement HID/LED headlight and foglight setup

this post I am asking for what would be an oem or aftermarket similar to oem replacement.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
jsbihn, was this covered in your previous post?

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...08/#post339573

His set up is really, really clean...
Thos headlight washers are on my to-do list. It's crazy that auto makers haven't made this a standard. I'm tempted to do that mod for the fog lights, too.

Yeah it's the only downside of LED lights, they're not warm enough to melt the snow/ice when it's cold.. his washers work perfect for that. If you look at the link in google chrome you can it translate and see what else he did to his wagon.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Synthe...
I can see how you can wonder but I am asking two different questions

first post i was asking about a full replacement HID/LED headlight and foglight setup

this post I am asking for what would be an oem or aftermarket similar to oem replacement.
My mistake!
So you're moving away from something exotic to something oem/oem-like? I'm just making sure I follow what's up, lol. I'm watching how this goes b/c I'll need some soon, too.

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Yeah it's the only downside of LED lights, they're not warm enough to melt the snow/ice when it's cold.. his washers work perfect for that. If you look at the link in google chrome you can it translate and see what else he did to his wagon.
Luckily, it rarely, snows year, maybe once every 3 or 4 years. It's going to be 80F / almost 27C in a few days. I won't have to worry about that. Unless, jsbihn goes north a lot, he'll be in the same boat as me.

The washer mod is amazing. Like I said, it's on the list.
Everything else he did was amazing, too. The problem w/ that guy's blog & that (russian) forum you linked us to has given me ideas, too.