PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Body Lift, Can It Be Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Banned
Default Body Lift, Can It Be Done

I have been reading a lot about lifting the body on my H2, I was thinking of doing a 2 inch lift..

But just today, while looking for potential problems, I noticed that the rigid brake lines are connected to the frame via a multiple plastic clips..

What concerns me, is if the body is lifted, will it now pull on the lines that on connected to the brake reserve/booster, these too are rigid...

I know other guys have done this mod, just wondering how they addressed this issue...

I have enclosed a picture of said clips...

Name:  20150513_071504.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  313.4 KB

Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM

I put a 3" body lift on mine.
I simply used a lift, loosened the body mounts, slowly raised the body off the frame 3", put in blocks and bolts, done.

I just unclipped the lines from the frame.

If I remember correctly, you'll have to cut off the bottom of the fan shroud. I literally broke mine with my hand is was so easy.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by h2offroad
I put a 3" body lift on mine.
I simply used a lift, loosened the body mounts, slowly raised the body off the frame 3", put in blocks and bolts, done.

I just unclipped the lines from the frame.

If I remember correctly, you'll have to cut off the bottom of the fan shroud. I literally broke mine with my hand is was so easy.
That's what I was thinking I might have to do, unclip the lines from frame

As to the fan, I noticed that it is bolted together on the drivers side and hinged on the passengers side..

I planned on installing an electric fan

Old 05-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Banned

Is it possible to get some other people who did a bodylift, to chime in, and share what they did, concerning the brake lines, any more help would be appreciated. ..

Old 05-18-2015, 06:14 AM

1. Unclip the lines. They have plenty of movement. I did a 3" lift and and am constantly flexing offroad and have had zero issues.

2. Get extended steel braided cables.

I can't think of anything else you could do.
1-2

1-3" of body lift is simple.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM

Besides the people who have already answered this on here and also on club hummer offroad with detailed answers and pics.....not sure what else to tell you? The fan shroud is the only issue. Everything else is fine. A couple of my lines popped out of the clips-I didn't take them out.

You will have gaps between the bumpers and body and the nerf bars/rock guards will stay at the frame height and appear lower , which personally I don't mind....some guys take their nerf bars off.

Just do it, you'll like it!

Last edited by Dieseldrums; 05-18-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums
Besides the people who have already answered this on here and also on club hummer offroad with detailed answers and pics.....not sure what else to tell you? The fan shroud is the only issue. Everything else is fine. A couple of my lines popped out of the clips-I didn't take them out.

You will have gaps between the bumpers and body and the nerf bars/rock guards will stay at the frame height and appear lower , which personally I don't mind....some guys take their nerf bars off.

Just do it, you'll like it!
Believe me, i am not trying to beat a dead horse to death, its just that I don't want to encounter any unknown issues, i really appreciate all the input, and time that was taken to answer my questions. ..

As to the brake lines, i already installed braided stainless steel lines, so i should be ok...
thanks for help, Eric

Last edited by liveinxs; 05-18-2015 at 01:07 PM.