PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac/heater not blowing air and climate control lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Exclamation Ac/heater not blowing air and climate control lights

I first got in my car and the ac/heater was blowing perfectly fine and the lights where you can see what temperature your on and how high or low the fan is. I shut off my car and was gone for 15 minutes before coming back and starting it up again. When I did, the ac/heater will now not turn on as well as the lights where you can see what everything is set to. I have no idea what could be wrong or how it could have happened.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:35 PM

1) id check fuses everywhere first

2) seems quite odd but odd things have happened. ive been wrong before on the controller being bad but would suspect that it is junk now if nothing is working on it. if it was putting out power, it would be turning the fan on regardless of if the display worked or not.

its a long road in some cases... at least getting to the cluster is relatively easy. might be worth getting a multimeter and checking power to and from the unit, even if it is dead.

it could be anything from a fuse, to a blown fan motor or all of them combined causing issues. i had a bad head unit, bad fan blower motor, and blew a resistor caused by both a bad fan motor and a bad cluster. over a 3-4 month on and off testing situation, i finally got it fixed with replacements on all 3 items.

there are repair places around and you can get a new cluster on ebay cheap enough. there may still be a couple members with spares from testing them on here.

time to break out a multimeter.

steve