PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Default Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?

I really need to hear from those with the sunroof!!

This is a big issue for me. How many of you with the sunroof do NOT
have problems with leaking?

I know most people post because they have issues and it is good to be aware of possible problems.

Plus, how does the glass top wear with time? My old car has a hard top so this moonroof as some call it is new to me. Does it get scratched easily?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 PM

Where do you planned to get it scratched??? You going to take off through some 6+ ft tree limbs? My sunroof is great. Its particuliarly large and has never leaked. I run 4000+ watts through my subs daily and never have experienced leaking issues unless im spraying mud off with a power washer or some high pressure device with subs flexing extreamly hard. Moonroofs to my knlowedge slide up and back opposed to sunroofs that slide into the vehicles roof. Its really possible im wrong on that topic but its what ive always assumed. Hit me up if you need any further advice. But id advise getting a sunroof in your H3...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:17 PM

2007 I had for over 2 years never leaked.

2009 I have now has never leaked.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM

I was thinking about issues like sand storms or car washes with regards to the scratching issues.

Good to hear you do not have leaking problems. I was just reading the thread about this issue. It is something I would never had thought about.

The sunroof is very important for me. My sunroof on my older car is a hard top that slides back and I don't have glass on top. I thought someone had called the glass a moonroof.

Thanks for your reply. It helps to read some positive feedback.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:47 PM

I have an 07 with the sunroof. I love it. No leaking issues for me.
I think most of the leaks are caused by the drains getting clogged by debris.
I don't park under pine trees or any where else that may get something settling in the drains.

Don't worry about the glass, it is tough and if you are in a position where you might damage your sunroof, like a sand storm, then all of the other glass, windshield, sides, rear as well as the paint will be damaged too.

Stop worrying, get the damn truck and start enjoying it !!!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM

My 2008 doesn't leak

My theory is possibly parking under trees when it rains can cause the sunroof drain to clog up with tree sap and then the dirt that easily collects on the sap. I had this problem on the 2001 Mustang I previously had. The drainage around the trunk lid was clogged really bad. It took hot water, soap, and heavy scrubbing with a tooth brush to get back to the smooth paint again.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Is clogged drains on the sunroof a big issue for most people? I've never actually even checked mine... . Think i might do that tomorrow morning lol. If it is clogged, is it easy to unclog?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Oh. Okay. I will stop worrying. : )

The replies have really eased my mind about this!

I am probably driving everyone crazy and I know my user name will one day be changed and as God as my witness, I will never be scared 2 buy again!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:52 AM

This is turning into a FORUM SOAP OPERA!!! You're never going to find a vehicle that's 100% perfect.....I don't care if it's a Rolls Royce! Like 'Bunger' said....just "BUY THE DAMN THING AND START ENJOYING IT!!"

'08 Birch White Alpha

Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 AM

My '06 H-3 has a very tiny windshield leak that kind of bugs me only when it really pours out, but my sunroof is dry as a bone....
I bought this truck "on a whim" last May, and so far it has been a very reliable vehicle. With my kid in college it's the last thing I could afford, but that's how much I enjoy driving it !! I am amazed at the ride every time I get in it.

I also am impressed at how well things like the A/C and heat work, and how nice the stock Monsoon radio is. I bought a $40k dollar truck in mint condition for $22k, it was a no-brainer for me....

Life is too short, go for it...
Mark

Quick Reply: Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?