Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Shadow Green Metallic H3 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jayson DK
The spare is just there for looks. Anything bigger than the 33" I have on there now wouldn't fit the cover.

I have 12x 100 mile tows a year with AAA, my own trailer and truck, and my best friend owns a tow company.

Thanks for the advice though
Really? What AAA plan offers 12, 100 mile tows? I've had a AAA membership for a long time and haven't heard of that.

Glad to see the so called "budget build" values style over function.

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-06-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Really? What AAA plan offers 12, 100 mile tows? I've had a AAA membership for a long time and haven't heard of that.

I've got a membership for me, a $12 addon membership for my middle name, and a $12 addon for my company name. 12x 100 mile tows for like $120 a year.

Absolutely it does. This is a fun winter toy until my 2017 Raptor is done. I live in bay village, on the lake. This thing will probably never leave the pavement

Old 02-06-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER

I'm a relative newbie around here, but seriously.....stop being rude and off topic. I couldn't give a crap about your thoughts on spare tires and towing philosophy.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Awesome build, Jayson DK!

Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AverageWeekend
I'm a relative newbie around here, but seriously.....stop being rude and off topic. I couldn't give a crap about your thoughts on spare tires and towing philosophy.
WOW, 18 whole posts and he is now the site rude-o-meter????

The comments were to the point of building a vehicle with a useless "spare tire" as there have been several people that actually drove on a wrong size spare only to toast a diff. As long as DK is aware of that, no worries, it is his truck.

This crowd could give less than a mouse fart for your observation.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jayson DK
I've got a membership for me, a $12 addon membership for my middle name, and a $12 addon for my company name. 12x 100 mile tows for like $120 a year.
Kool, good to know how to get around the rules with AAA. I might just try that to get multiple 200 mile tows!

Old 02-07-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by AverageWeekend
Hello weekend,
"rude" maybe in your eyes, the written word can be taken many different ways. Seems like the OP didn't take it that way.
"off-topic"? Read into what is posted instead of putting on your public defender hat immediately. Having such a drastic size difference in overall tire height can cause catastrophic damage on a full time 4 wheel drive vehicle like the H3. Having a spare that matches the overall height of the tires on the ground should be first thing you think about when selecting new wheels and tires, not an afterthought. Especially if you wheel it. It isn't such a big deal for mall crawling because you can have it flatbed towed to the local RIMz store.

I was truly curious on the AAA tow. I wheel several times per year out of state (6-10 hour drive) and like to have the piece of mind that I have insurance to cover a long tow home so I can push my rigs and attempt harder lines, trails and obstacles. Sorry, I don't have a tow rig and trailer nor wish to store them or pay insurance on them.

I have helped you several times in the past with your queries and you even thanked me.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 AM

trail duty stole my money, never contacted me, and I had to go to paypal 6 weeks later to get my money back.

I wouldnt give them a dime. ever.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM

They use to be a very reputable company when Phil was there. Not sure what happened or if they have new ownership. You are not the first to say something negative about them.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 AM

nothin yet

Quick Reply: Shadow Green Metallic H3 Build Thread